I'm Annoyed !

Salmon_Run

47 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I could honestly care less what the numb nuts behind me is doing. Tailgate me all you want, you wont get a reaction out of me.

I used to feel that way as well, cause I used to tailgate a bit too.

Back around 2002, I had a carload of kids tailgating me while I was towing our boat. Well, the car in front of me slowed (kind of abruptly) to make a left turn and the tailgaiter rear ended my boat. Late model 4 Winns 21 ft cuddy with a 205HP I/O. My pride and joy! Lucky for me the damage was confined to the trailer. His daddy's car didn't fare so well.

I brush 'em all back now.

• Like 2

Heres the way I look at it. I have insurance, if they hit me, its their fault, my stuff gets fixed, they get a ticket to boot, time to move on. On the other hand, if I were to brake check them and cause an accident, well, the outcome can be very bad and I dont need that on my conscious, plus I dont need the legal "road rage" headaches.

Its like people that freak out, flip you off, speed up, etc when you pass them. Dont those people have better things to worry about other than you want to drive faster than they are? Who cares. People need to stop worrying about what other people are doing so much, and concentrate on their own business.

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Heres the way I look at it. I have insurance, if they hit me, its their fault, my stuff gets fixed, they get a ticket to boot, time to move on. On the other hand, if I were to brake check them and cause an accident, well, the outcome can be very bad and I dont need that on my conscious, plus I dont need the legal "road rage" headaches.

Its like people that freak out, flip you off, speed up, etc when you pass them. Dont those people have better things to worry about other than you want to drive faster than they are? Who cares. People need to stop worrying about what other people are doing so much, and concentrate on their own business.

Good points. It's probably a lot of grief that comes with a road rage ticket - wouldn't want to find out. I don't brake check much, just tap the brakes and slow down noticeably for a bit.

But when that invisible dog runs out in front of me...

• Like 3

People driving like idiots is everyone's business.  They could rearend you killing you or your family.  The speeder could lose control on the next curve and again kill you or your family.  I don't know why people feel the need to drive like a maniac.  The single biggest killer on the road is speed, ask any leo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Rack Attack said:

People driving like idiots is everyone's business.  They could rearend you killing you or your family.  The speeder could lose control on the next curve and again kill you or your family.  I don't know why people feel the need to drive like a maniac.  The single biggest killer on the road is speed, ask any leo.

Thats completely subjective. Lots of people wont go more than 45 or 50 down a back country road. They act like Im being an idiot when I pass them going 55 or 60.

Regardless, are you saying that because someone is tailgating you, that gives you the right to brake check them and "teach them a lesson"? What if they dont react in time, and they DO rear end you, which send your car or theirs into oncoming traffic and someone is killed as a result? Would that be worth it, just because you thought they were being an idiot, or would you have been better off to just mind your business and go about your day?

3 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I could honestly care less what the numb nuts behind me is doing. Tailgate me all you want, you wont get a reaction out of me.

I wish it didn't bother me when people tailgate me.  I just find it the MOST distracting thing when I drive.  I live in the same general area as Bull Schmidt,  maybe the tailgaters here are more obnoxious, lol.  

Back in the "day". We used to drive around, turn the key off, pump the gas then turn the key back on, BOOM. Did it all the time, couldn't get enough of it, dog in the garbage, woman getting the mail whatever, scared the shit out of everybody. So one day my buddy and I are being tail gated, he shuts the truck off, turns it back on. BOOM, the exhaust blows off and the tail gater ran it over. One day I will have another vehicle that will backfire, that was some fun

• Like 4

2 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Thats completely subjective. Lots of people wont go more than 45 or 50 down a back country road. They act like Im being an idiot when I pass them going 55 or 60.

Regardless, are you saying that because someone is tailgating you, that gives you the right to brake check them and "teach them a lesson"? What if they dont react in time, and they DO rear end you, which send your car or theirs into oncoming traffic and someone is killed as a result? Would that be worth it, just because you thought they were being an idiot, or would you have been better off to just mind your business and go about your day?

I have been guilty of travelling quickly down back rds also..  Now that i have a kid and live on one of these back rds I try to be more conscientious. 

When we are riding bikes or going for a walk down the rd , it burns my a$$ to be buzzed by some moron in a hurry or using the rd as a shortcut to save a minute off their commute to work...

I don't brake check but I will travel 15 mph for as many miles as it takes for them to pass....lol...I do not want my family in danger of getting hit by the guy behind.

• Like 1

Reminds me of a situation i had a month or so ago.pulled off of a side street onto a main rd(30 mph) speed zone in village.apparently the old gent behind me felt i didnt accelerate fast enough or i "pulled out infront of him".starting flashing his lights and slamming on horn.got just over the hill where it changes to 55 then he got on the side of me and started pointing and screaming with his windows up and poor wife in passenger seat.just smiled, turned my head and kept it moving.not worth my time to get pissy.road rage at its finest

Working in IT.  What annoys me is people who don't do their jobs properly so when their boss puts the heat on them, they file a complain against IT for things "not working properly" as to why they didn't get their work done on time.

Another one that gets me is people who walk through a door or turnstile and then immediately stops to check their phone or whatever.  Then the people walking behind them would bump into them like a car slamming their brakes in the highway.  To make it worst, some of them would look back and get annoyed at the people who are bumping into them.  I feel like kicking them straight in the back some times.

The lack of "service" in the service industry is whats killing most of these retail outlets.. Why should you deal with someone who knows less about what you want then you do? Its the corp. models that promote it.... why pay someone $20hr (thats a plumber) to work the plumbing isle when you can pay someone $10hr to consume oxygen??? Many people like myself simply turn on the interweb to buy, just so I dont have to share my oxygen with an employee... And the companys dont get it or dont care....(aka.. by-by Sears, Advance,... and many more)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Salmon_Run said:

A couple of weeks ago I went the the local McDonald's for a coffee and watched the food prep girl making some ones fish sandwich.

Well, she squirted the famous tarter sauce onto the work counter by accident. No big deal I guess as she used the top bun as a dish rag and wiped up the sauce and then packaged it for the customer. 

I had to speak out and the reaction I got was they were in disbelief that I spoke up. Even though it wasn't my sandwich I wasn't going to let some other unsuspecting person eat that.

Another famous one is they wear plastic glove for sanitary reasons, handle money and your food while wearing the same gloves. No thank you !!!! 

I have spoke up about the gloves and money thing! It’s disgusting, just another reason not to eat that crap. Lol. I have asked a manager at BK to put on gloves to hand me a cup, the are in the dispenser thing so when the pull one out the fingers are in your cup!

• Like 1

I have wayyy too many lol ...

-People speeding through school zones!!! There needs to be an officer in every school zone of every school Monday through Friday when kids are present! I hate it, Tailgating as well..

-I drive a long ways for work everyday, what really bothers me also is people with heads down, buried on their phones, driving or waiting at a traffic light.. I absolutely rage when i see these things.. and with what happened to my dad, i have every right to.. 

-I get really irritated by people who dont take pride in their work also. Ambition and determination these days seems so rare, its bothersome. I'm a Tool & Die Maker I strive for perfection in everything I do, career based and at home as well..

-Communication goes along ways too!! lol That's a few for now...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Elmo said:

Working in IT.  What annoys me is people who don't do their jobs properly so when their boss puts the heat on them, they file a complain against IT for things "not working properly" as to why they didn't get their work done on time.

Another one that gets me is people who walk through a door or turnstile and then immediately stops to check their phone or whatever.  Then the people walking behind them would bump into them like a car slamming their brakes in the highway.  To make it worst, some of them would look back and get annoyed at the people who are bumping into them.  I feel like kicking them straight in the back some times.

some-people-just-need-a-pat-on-the-back.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Did I state anywhere that I thought brake checking someone was the right thing to do?  I am really commenting regarding that you think it's no ones business how you drive, when I totally disagree.  What about he requirements to wear seat belts?  How does that effect anyone else, but its still a law?  Drive by my house on the back dirt road at 55-60 and see what happens to your windshield...

bottom line is multiple wrongs don't make anything right. if someone is going fast just get out of the way and let them by or otherwise continue to drive as you should at your discretion.  excessive speed isn't ever a good idea but speed limits have a safety factor.  driving inappropriately and multi-tasking at acceptable speed as well as playing games is the major cause for accidents around here. you have no idea what the hell the other person(s) situation is, so you should drive as you should and let them do what they will.  if you play games it only gets the other driver in the wrong bothered and leads to them driving more recklessly.

On 2/6/2018 at 3:31 PM, Robhuntandfish said:

and you know what else gets me.......  people who dont even work and get like $10,000 tax returns and live off the system - how is this right?! 

I was wrongly under the misconception it was a "refund" for the taxes paid in and how is it that some get a big amount back when the never paid that amount in by them ?