The Yelling Goat’s On Fire!!!!!

Lawdwaz

Sad to,see. Sorry but I’m 90 miles away, other wise we’d kicked the crap outta that fire, and been eating wings after .

No offense, but there’s no way they’ll be severing food there anytime me soon .

Odd that they trench cut the roof.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Not a bad place at all, we went there about a month ago ,it was hard to talk over the garbage band that was playing.

A band ?  Never once have I seen a band there.  I have Groupons and gift cards there. Feel like I lost someone close. Our alternatives can’t hold a candle to that place. ( see what I did there ?) 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Looking at the few pictures and videos I could find, it appears that they made a really good stop, despite the outcome.

You have a very long wood frame building with heavy fire venting from the second story A side, well before FD arrival . I’m surprised that it didn’t get in the cockloft and run the entire length. If it gets in the cockloft, the only way to get water on it is to get ahead of it and pull the second floor ceilings and place  a small ladder there to get up there and spray water . 

Restaurant staff reported smelling “ electrical “ odors prior. “Smells and bells  ( alarms )“ make up a fair number of our calls . People smell or think they do, gas, electrical .plastic burning ,chemical ,all kinds of odd odors  we’ll come check it out , try to figure it out .

Sometimes it turns out to be things like a floor refinishing upstairs, or someone sealing a driveway, Then they feel silly . I always tell them  the same thing , if something seems odd , CALL, we’ll check it out .

if you want to,listen to the fire,its condensed not in real time, and boy they sure like to talk on the radio 

http://www.ecfw.net/mike/Lancaster_205_CentralAve_2-20-18.mp3

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Thanks 1

Kinda messed up they are still actively pushing groupons.

Probably the last thing they are thinking about after they suffered $300,000 in damages to their building losing their income for who knows how long. Should they call and cancel the promotion yeah obviously. Am I going to crucify them for not being on top of that... no. I’m sure they will make it right once they are back up and running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk