What is Harder for YOU?

Five Seasons

Which is Harder for YOU?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which?

• Spring Turkey
    • Any Legal Deer

7 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Bird for me. I have killed a pile of birds in my lifetime and not much changes. The hunt,Time and woods stuff are all great but they never change so the drive has kinda went by the wayside. Every buck is different and much more of a challenge and that makes it easier to roll out of the nice comfy bed.

Just to clarify, I'm not talking about killing bucks. Any deer, big or small. 

Does

4 minutes ago, Belo said:

Just to clarify, I'm not talking about killing bucks. Any deer, big or small. 

Either way, turkey are much more difficult for me.  I know my chances of killing even a good buck are way higher.

• Like 1

Well, in the area I hunt, there both easy.  I know I can tag out on spring birds if I choose to. And I know I can go kill a deer in the fall.  

Now if I was to break it down further, say a old limb hanger tom or a Boone and Crocket buck, well I'd have to say the buck would be harder seeing I've never gotten a B&C buck, nor do I think I've ever seen on while hunting.

Edited by mowin

In the last 2 mornings I could have easily killed 21 deer.....No turkeys so far, and this morning I had a big gobbler at 25 yards and did not kill him.....So many things can go wrong when you are dealing with an adult gobbler...<<sigh>>...

I have hunted gobblers for over 40 years, and every year I  find a new reason ( or excuse) for NOT killing a turkey....

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

In the last 2 mornings I could have easily killed 21 deer.....No turkeys so far, and this morning I had a big gobbler at 25 yards and did not kill him.....So many things can go wrong when you are dealing with an adult gobbler...<<sigh>>...

I have hunted gobblers for over 40 years, and every year I  find a new reason ( or excuse) for NOT killing a turkey....

Perfectly said

31 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

You now have a new reason/excuse Dan!  See you Saturday.  lol

• Like 5

The more I thought about this the harder it was to answer, reason being I have had some super easy Turkey hunts. Then I thought of all of the ones that I didn’t get and how a bird can be unpredictable for the strangest reasons and decided on turkey being tougher. Deer are much more predictable to both pattern and read how they will react. Yesterday I called a bird from very far away that crossed a road and a stream to get to me and then he hung up at a drainage ditch/hedge row. Why? Because he is a stupid bird. 

• Like 2