Who here carries a weapon at all times

Hunter007

99.9% of the time I have one of the pistols on me, Always have some kind of weapon in the truck, Always have the Multitool on the belt. Being outside on the land everyday makes these tools handy at times. A chance to take out Vermin or a need for a pair of pliers. Have all the bases covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I was going to answer as the question was asked, but with more thought, I guess I agree that it isn't wise for CCP owners to discuss publicly their preferences, and isn't polite to ask. My friends/ acquaintances  know I don't want to be asked if we are out. 3rd party / indirectly involved individuals overhearing conversations can lead to unnecessary comments/ identification.

• Like 8

The only time I ever NEEDED  a concealed handgun was in NYC,  and of course I did not have one...I was lucky that time.....A patrol car with four ( COUNT'EM  FOUR)  patrolmen came down the street  and ran off the scumbags who  did not even want to rob us, only cut us up because we were white boys...

I decided at that time that I would never put myself in that position again...That was in 1972....I did have to return to NYC for business briefly in 1977, but that is the only time and the LAST time I will ever go there...

I find it ironic that the place in NYS where I am most likely to NEED  a handgun is the one place where I cannot legally carry one....

• Like 7

Define weapon , and” all the time .” Sleeping ? 

Some say your mind is the weapon , the rest just tools .

When I first got my permit in the ‘80s I only carried when in certain areas and so forth .

Then I realized you don’t just put up a smoke detector when you’re cooking , or put life jackets on your boat when it’s ruff seas .

• Like 3

It's curious. I recently sat down and had dinner with five great guys from this web site for two hours, and a wife and a daughter of one of those guys were there. The guys are all about my age and while we chatted about a bunch of things not one of them ever asked if I was carrying. It's just a weird question to ask someone. Right up there with, "Are you wearing briefs or boxers tonight?." From me, you'll get the same look and walkaway to either question.

• Like 9

Well as other have said not to  smart to go  into details , but 

Even if i had papper work to carry anything anyplace I  went there is pretty much no place i go that i would bother  .  Everything I own I  use is for hunting or target shooting or collecting . 

Guns Self defense i dont really think about it .

BUT ITS MY RIGHT !!!! 

I believe the guy upstairs watches my back . :)  and the fact im the size of a house helps to :)    my cell phone already  is to much crap on its own to carry sometimes and i know im  going use that .

Edited by Storm914

30 minutes ago, philoshop said:

It's curious. I recently sat down and had dinner with five great guys from this web site for two hours, and a wife and a daughter of one of those guys were there. The guys are all about my age and while we chatted about a bunch of things not one of them ever asked if I was carrying. It's just a weird question to ask someone. Right up there with, "Are you wearing briefs or boxers tonight?." From me, you'll get the same look and walkaway to either question.

Yes sir. No doubt that table was safe if TSHTF though. I've sat down with a couple of those guys too. And some others from this forum, never even crossed my mind to bring it up. Its a very personal decision, and everyone has their own reasons to do, or not do certain things. 

I've always gotten along better with people, when I mind my own business. 

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Well as other have said not to  smart to go  into details , but 

Even if i had papper work to carry anything anyplace I  went there is pretty much no place i go that i would bother  .  Everything I own I  use is for hunting or target shooting or collecting . 

Guns Self defense i dont really think about it .

BUT ITS MY RIGHT !!!! 

I believe the guy upstairs watches my back . :)  and the fact im the size of a house helps to :)    my cell phone already  is to much crap on its own to carry sometimes and i know im  going use that .

Then what was the point of asking others if they carry all the time?

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

I believe the guy upstairs watches my back .  

The Guy upstairs watches everybody's back, along with every other living thing.   When He say's your time is up, it don't matter what you carry.   That is why it pays to stay on good terms with Him.   

9 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

The Guy upstairs watches everybody's back, along with every other living thing.   When He say's your time is up, it don't matter what you carry.   That is why it pays to stay on good terms with Him.   

So, I hate to go off topic, but this calls for it. So, according to you wolc123, when a scum bag shoots up a school or other public event, all those innocent people died because it was their time? Even children?

Dude, for once, please stop.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Rob... said:

So, I hate to go off topic, but this calls for it. So, according to you wolc123, when a scum bag shoots up a school or other public event, all those innocent people died because it was their time? Even children?

Dude, for once, please stop.

I am sorry that you are lost Rob.  I will pray for you.  Think about picking up a Bible and reading it a bit.  What could that hurt ?  I am glad that this website places no limits on "Jesus" talk.  It sure is a target rich environment for "lost souls" such as yourself.  Remember, that it was Storm that brought Him up this time, but I am glad you took the bait.