fasteddie

LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

Fingers crossed the action picks up, had my windows down from the time ł got off the 219 until ł arrived at camp and ł could smell estrous in the air numerous times.

Headed out shortly.....have a bedding area right off a bean field I will be sitting over ....in hopefully a nice toasty shack. Looking to catch one headed in!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, XGX7PM said:

Fingers crossed the action picks up, had my windows down from the time ł got off the 219 until ł arrived at camp and ł could smell estrous in the air numerous times.

Man if you can smell estrous driving down the road you must be one hell of a wing man in a bar!!!  Lol

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

c4dedee540c13db17255ff2afd035394.jpg

Back out in my buddies land 6K. Overlooking a food plot. Lots of tracks and I still have a buck and a doe tag in my pocket!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Made a long, slow hike to this stand and crossed a good number of tracks heading into the woods that I’m now on the far side of. Here’s hoping! Good luck all. 

image.jpg

• Like 1

Discouraging lack of fresh tracks and man what a workout in this snow

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching, even when the wrong thing is legal"

-Aldo Leopold 

I'm back out in 8F with my buddy sitting the other end of my property. Any decent sized doe is in trouble tonight.

1 hour ago, biggamefish said:

Man if you can smell estrous driving down the road you must be one hell of a wing man in a bar!!!  

Slowed way down as ł drove alongside cut corn watching over a dozen feeding last night in two separate areas.

I don't know if it is the snow...the snow shoes or the fact I am out of shape but according to my fitbit I have walked 3.66 miles. Feels like 25. I must have a mile at least to where I parked my snowmobile. Maybe I'll just sleep here

I don't know if it is the snow...the snow shoes or the fact I am out of shape but according to my fitbit I have walked 3.66 miles. Feels like 25. I must have a mile at least to where I parked my snowmobile. Maybe I'll just sleep here

I feel the same man and I’m in shape. This is tough

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching, even when the wrong thing is legal"

-Aldo Leopold 

When I got down this morn I checked the track on that limping buck I saw. He was dropping a very small drop ever 30-40 yards or so of blood. He went into the super thick hole. I got no buck tag hope he makes it. Weird he was covering ground fast. No shots heard maybe car struck.

In the executive tower tonight waiting on a doe. There was a spike in the yard at noon.

Haven't seen a deer in my last 24 hunts now (11/10)...…. Just about had it! 

• Sad 1

"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." - Wease