How do you name your treestands?

Otto

Whenever I go to someone else's hunting camp, invariably they have names for all their tree stand locations - sometimes the normal like "Food Plot Stand" or "Creekside Stand"  But at my Father-in-laws camp they have "The Motel", not to be confused with "The Hotel" and several other head scratchers.  My cousin's camp have over 35 stands, all with unique names that they all recall on just a mention.

Even on my own plot, we have names for all the stands just so we know what/where we are talking about.   I've got Fred's Backyard (located overlooking by 800 yards my neighbors backyard), Jason's Double (he bought it and set it, so it's his, although I sit in it more than he does!), Creekside (you can guess), the Remington (it's made by Remington), 19 Point stand (Total count of antler points harvested while in that stand, so far, it changes with each additional harvest), Back Corner (location and the second most uncomfortable stand we have), the Stand Stand (no seat, so you have to stand while in it), the Hemorrhoid (the #1 most uncomfortable stand to be in),  the Archery Stand (ideally set up for archery, but I shot a big 8 point buck out of it with gun last year).  Sometimes, year to year, we may move a stand and usually the name sticks with the move.  Jason's Double has been in three locations, but it has always been Jason's Double.  Blinds do change names based on location - Pond Blind, Field Blind, Pines Blind, etc.  

What are your tree stands named and how did they get that name? 

• Like 2

Ha. My stand names are all boring compared to those. I look at the property on a map and mark the locations. Then I just number them moving counterclockwise from where I access the property. Ladder, Hang On, DIY ground blind.. they all just get a number. It's probably because I don't have much history on the property and all my stands are store bought. I have plans this summer (like I do every summer) to build a tower or two at which point I might get more creative.

Big plot blind... on the  big plot... lower pine .... in the lower pine . My stand ... its my stand has been there for 30 years.. wifes stand and wifes  blind  on wifes plot . Road stand ..located on the logging road between wifes plot and little plot ... little plot blind....on little plot .... stand in the turn around  .... upper stand out back ... Bill's  stand  and lower stand out back . Now we will have the sheshack  on the big plot ...

My stand ... use to be called the tree of death by the neighbors grand kids ... I use to put the empty shotgun hulls on the branches  when I killed a deer. At one point there was 2 dozen empties on the lower branches . Dont know what ever happened to the old ones ... now that I shoot rifle I save all brass.

• Like 1

I'm glad we are not the only ones that come up with crazy names each have a reason for the name that I wont bore you with but here are just some of them. Heck some of them I don't even know the reason

Maine 

Mexico

UB Island 

Yellow Bucket Stand 

Dick Head Drive 

The Condo 

The Erector Set 

Double "D" 

The Amish Stand 

Field and Stream

Hells Kitchen 

The Playhouse 

The Bakery 

Hightower 

Ninja Stand 

WWF 

WWA

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

Some have names for ease of reference.   Others are just a description.   Nothing fancy though.   

Same. It's just so my Dad and I can easily explain where we are sitting. A few of ours below:

• Acorn Blind
  • Acorn Hang-on
  • Lower Blind
  • Upper Burlap
  • Fork Hang-on
  • Blue Tape
  • Orange Tape
  • Green Chair
  • Milk Crate

Spread over a couple different properties.
Ft. Energy
Stairway to heaven
Eds Blind
Wayne's Blind
Stumpy's Blind
Dad's double
Rear center stage
Green Shack
10 pt.
Kill buck corner
Gas line Double

The best part is my dad is clueless to any of the names.....we basically have to describe what the stand looks like and where it is if we aren't sending him to one of his specific sites at each property ..lol.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I figured that there were some good ones out there.  I think Moho has some of the best names so far!    I want to hear some of the stories on how their names came about at the next GTT. 

I actually mapped out all the stands for my wife, so when I tell her “I’m going to sit in Jason’s double”, she has a vague idea of where I will be, just in case. 

• Like 1

Some are named for person that built them, or hunted them, others for location or feature(even if long rotted away or was removed) 

Dave's

Stump,

Orchard, porkupine 

Mr j's, mr sansones'

Upper oak ,lower oak,

Middle box, lower box, glass castle,

Blind 32 ( 32 cause it has my brothers old house door on it and number was still on it) 

Upper a,b, and c. 

Lone apple, high ladder, ravine, big bend,

Gregs permanant, knob, ladder in front of knob, railroad maple, toms ladder, gorrilla, pine in hedge, ladder behind corn, 

Lots of others.. lol 40 total up. This year

Edited by G-Man
  • Like 2

Mine are boring, compared to many named above...Only named two....The World's Greatest Treestand, which I hunted for many years on my Dad's property that grew up on.....

The other one is my current tower stand, " Tower Three".....It is named that because it was the third tower stand that a friend of mine built, although tower one and tower two are on a different property..He has since built tower four and tower five on two other properties..

• Like 1

Long stand, where joe shot at doe 330 yards away with a gun that’s good to 150...

Kathys stand ( one of three that make up the triangle it’s B )  

Thick brush stand 

triangle stands A,B,C 

Every deer will see you stand  , to be moved soon .....

Waste of time stand , also to be moved 

other spots, gas well field,  half a bean field ( small 14 acre field ) , the intersection , the infamous site of three buck kills in 2000 ! 

big creek bed , small creek bed ,abandoned house ,Kenny’s woods, Jones woods , the slope 

Have 2 stands that were named after a world leaders saying.. both are now defunct as is world leader .. mother of all stands 1, and mother of all stands 2.. shortened to mother 1 and mother 2.. there is a double ladder behind mother 2 and its known as ladder behind mother 2..   mother 2 accounterd for 58 deer in its lifetime was 22ft tall 11ft long and 6 ft wide... it remains in tree but is unsafe as lags have snapped and one tree is dead.

• Like 1