LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

I’m unfamiliar with how deer leases work.  Shouldn’t there be a provision in the document to avoid such disturbances during deer season?

Some land owners may go for that but the ones I deal with don’t really care and the lease income is 1-2% of the total income they make off the land (ag+timber + solar) so I just bite my tongue and try to stay in their good graces. It’s a tough pill to swallow but if I make too many headaches I risk them saying to hell with leasing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, grampy said:

Sitting in Dr's. office with Mrs grampy for a scheduled appointment. Hopefully I'll be hunting later on today. But there is a yard full of leaves to be blown and bagged. So IDK???

Back to work tomorrow, then off Monday, for a three day weekend. That will be the wrap on my 2021 bow season. Went the last five days doing dark to dark sits, in great set up's close to bedding. Got nothing to show for it but a sore back. But that's hunting for ya. I've been giving it my best shot. Still not over till it's over.

I hope all is OK with your wife.

Just had a little bit excitement. Had a borderline shooter with his mouth wide open come busting across a swamp ~50 yards from me. He hung a right, instead of a left, so no shot. Looked like he might have been chasing and was trying to take a short cut to intercept a doe. Might not sound like much, but it’s the most excitement I’ve had in my previous 28 hunts! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Crap a fork horn came in and stopped i though he may have scented me ,but no a decent 8 was coming towards us.

I didn’t see him till he saw me 

edit actually I saw him first but had to swing the crossbow from 10 o’clock to 2 and hope he kept on that path . He saw my movement and jogged off maybe 30 yards . Fork hung around .

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

I hope all is OK with your wife.

Some complications from her surgery last spring. Nothing major. But painful. Thanks for asking buddy. Will forgo hunting today to be with her, and do some things around the house for her. She is my everything. 

• Like 17

Some complications from her surgery last spring. Nothing major. But painful. Thanks for asking buddy. Will forgo hunting today to be with her, and do some things around the house for her. She is my everything. 
Well said Grampy.....there will also be another day to hunt. Wishing Mrs. Grampy a speedy recovery.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Been covered in deer all day so far, a pair of  does keeps getting pushed around.  I have seen them probably 5 different times now, going, and coming from all directions.  I saw at one time a spike harassing.  I just had a small but legal antler restriction buck cruise through a little bit ago.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Belo said:

i have to admit, jokes aside i'm surprised how many of you are rocking the crossgun.

What's your point? I'm also surprised how many people are still rocking a vertical bow. Thier all implements that achieve results (kill deer). All joking aside,  it's called a crossbow.  People on this forum don't normally make comments like wow surprised how many are using the bow, so why even be surprised or even comment when you see people using the crossbow? Bored?

• Like 7

Pulling an unprepared all day sit in CT, should have brought another layer of cloths, some food and something to drink. A battery pack for my phone would have been smart too …I can stand to loose a few pounds anyway.
Slow day so far one six point and one unknown deer so far. Hopefully it picks up
2b8158bec7547420cdfb420b84d74521.jpg

• Like 4