Beards ? Do you grow one for hunting season ?

turkeyfeathers

Paula and Grow need not reply, lol

It's sort of become a tradition Do you shave it off when you shoot a buck ? d39c5452db9d713e0725a3906ace0d46.jpg

If so: do you start first day of bow ? First day of gun ? For years I've gone goatee. Not so becoming and it looks like I should make the no fly list. Last year I went for more of the Amish look , lol. Beard trimmer blades fell out and couldn't fix it anyhow   And I don't have a single grey hair on my head.

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 1

I retired after 32 years of law enforcement and will be full on beard this fall.

After having to be clean shaven all those years and the best I could do was a shaggy beard during hunting vacation it is GAME FACE ON!!

Unless my wife says no (of course) married guys understand. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Salmon_Run said:

I retired after 32 years of law enforcement and will be full on beard this fall.

After having to be clean shaven all those years and the best I could do was a shaggy beard during hunting vacation it is GAME FACE ON!!

Unless my wife says no (of course) married guys understand. 

Thank you for 32 years of service !

• Like 4

A few years back I adopted the cliched IT geek goatee/vandyke combo thing. Then a year or so ago I realized how much more epic a proper beard is, so now I go with a very closely trimmed beard (1/4"). Once they get too long they get pretty nasty, like the guy in the roald dahl book The Twits.

Every 6-12 months I shave to annoy my family and i look hideous. Like a fat baby or something. Just doesn't work.

I've decided to go with the pointy devil beard this year. :devil:  Starting to look like the back side of a horse on the front of my face,lol

So far I can pull it up past my eyeballs.

I tried the Santa thing, but it didn't work for me! :kingxmas:

My cheeks don't grow thick as I'd like them to.

• Like 4

Back in BM...( Before Mermaid)  I always wore a beard during spring gobbler season and fall hunting season, and often in between.  I would shave it now and then but probably sported facial hair at least 75% of the time..

Then I hooked up with The Mermaid...She HATES facial hair ( even though she gets all juicy over Sam Elliot and Tom Selleck ).....

SOOOO, now I'm clean shaven unless I get lazy and skip a day or two...Or a week when I   go up to Gator's to hunt gobblers.

Oh well..My whiskers are nearly all white now anyway....

I just shaved my full to a goat and might shave clean before the season starts.  My season goes to Jan and possibly longer this year so the beard has to be trimmed at times that's why I like to start off fresh but now I am debating not going through the itch of a clean start.  The big decisions I have to make O my.  I am with Doewhacker on this one, its free camo!!!  

1 hour ago, NYBowhunter said:

Starting to grow a beard in now. I will grow it and shave it threw out the year.  I usually grow it in this time of year and then keep it thru the end of winter, keeping it nicely shaped.

Keeping it nicely shaped ? Sounds like you could have been some use in the big curtain debacle thread that was started last week.

• Like 1