Treestand Height

Team Hoyt

15 ish . 

Many guys can't estimate their height correct from what I've seen as well . I've seen a few "20's" that were under 15 .

One hunter friend said he goes 20 , as high as that window sill , we were on our patio, I said that's about 12 ,It seems to go hand in hand with antler size .

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

15 ish . 

Many guys can't estimate their height correct from what I've seen as well . I've seen a few "20's" that were under 15 .

One hunter friend said he goes 20 , as high as that window sill , we were on our patio, I said that's about 12 ,It seems to go hand in hand with antler size .

I measured 4 different treestand ropes in 20 and 30ft strips that i use to know how hi up i em believe me more times than a few have ive been up higher than i wanted to be prior to doin that in my climbers

Edited by silent death

24 to 38 feet,  all fixed stands have at least 6 climbing stick sections most have 7 to 10 sections.

i use a strapper retrieval ( I think thats what its called) for a bow hoist, I carry a 15 foot piece of rope to add to the strapper as its only 30 foot.

when I use the climber i generally just use the strapper and go up till i run out of strapping at 30 feet.

24 to 38 feet,  all fixed stands have at least 6 climbing stick sections most have 7 to 10 sections.
i use a strapper retrieval ( I think thats what its called) for a bow hoist, I carry a 15 foot piece of rope to add to the strapper as its only 30 foot.
when I use the climber i generally just use the strapper and go up till i run out of strapping at 30 feet.

Nearly 40 feet up damn dude thats some serious height

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Nearly 40 feet up damn dude thats some serious height

best part is Ihave never found evidence of someone hunting one of my stands,,,,,even on an invite. lol.  and most of my stands have a max shot of 10 yards.  

one of my best rut stands is 38 feet to the platform and 6 yard max shot from base of tree, I love that stand!  I have one set above my barn at camp that is on a steep hillside right on the edge of a logging road cut into the hill. the platform is 28 feet high off the logging road to the front but the creek crossing off the back side of the stand its a little over 60 foot down 10 yards out. 

best part is Ihave never found evidence of someone hunting one of my stands,,,,,even on an invite. lol.  and most of my stands have a max shot of 10 yards.  
one of my best rut stands is 38 feet to the platform and 6 yard max shot from base of tree, I love that stand!  I have one set above my barn at camp that is on a steep hillside right on the edge of a logging road cut into the hill. the platform is 28 feet high off the logging road to the front but the creek crossing off the back side of the stand its a little over 60 foot down 10 yards out. 
Talk about death from above holy smokes!

7 hours ago, reeltime said:

How can you double lung anything with those angles? No room for error,is there?

• Like 1