Thanksgiving AM Hunt

buffalojay83

Daughter and I will be in our ground blind we built together last year  It has to happen for her sooner or later. Think we can hunt til one or so but not sure she'll last that long in cold temps. Bought her the best cold weather gear I could so I did my part lol  

Good luck to all in the morning. Be safe and enjoy the family dinner later on

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

I'm going to try and convince myself to head out .... didn't have any luck heading out last year or the year before ... LOL

There's just as many or in some cases more guys in the woods moving deer around tomorrow as opening day .  With cold temps guys will be moving around mid morning   shoving deer everywhere   HAVE AT IT !

• Like 1

There are several houses on 10 acre lots on the road .4 miles north of me. On Thanksgiving morning, many of those folks get out to poke around on the back ends on their properties. I have never killed a deer on Thanksgiving morning but have  had some pretty good luck as far as seeing deer in years past.

We're having our dinner tonight to accommodate my grand daughter's visitation schedule. 

I'll probably go out a little before 9:00 and sit until noon while munching on turkey sandwiches..

Edited by wildcat junkie
  • Like 1

Not me . My wife likes to do the Thanksgiving dinner here and there will be at least 25 of us tomorrow . I would feel guilty if I hunted in the am as there is so much to do to make the dinner a success . It gets noisier than hell and I am always glad when the family leaves and the house goes back to quiet mode but I really wouldn't have it any other way . I wish one om my kids would take on the responsibility of doing the dinner . 

nope, gotta finish up a window job on a customers house first thing in the morning, spent all evening bending metal inside my construction trailer with the door closed and heat on. lol All I have to do is trim to fit, nail it on and caulk all the seams.

Good luck to everyone going out.

My son and I are going in the am, truck said 24 on the hill so I'm not sure how long he will last but he says he really wants to drag one tomorrow!! I have these foot warmers what are sticky so I think I'm going to stick them under his clothes in hopes it helps 

• Like 1

Yup will be out. With a buddy and his son. His son just took his marine test last weekend and looks to be gone in August next year after grad.  So gonna be his shot to get out prob for a couple years. So gonna hope he gets one.  Prob out til 10.  Then dinner at 1 at the girlfriends then dinner again at 5:30 at my Moms. Then fall into a food coma.  Then rinse and repeat for the morning.  

Happy Thanksgiving to all and good luck to all going hunting.