Anybody else thinking about hunting?

nybuckboy

I find that I think about deer hunting year round.  Especially when the woods is open and the foliage is off the trees and you can see deep in the woods and across the fields.  Maybe in the summer I might not think as much but I'm still in the thinkin' about deer huntin' mode now.

• Like 4

I was thinking of hunting all day today. NE winds with temps dropping and snow in the forecast. I couldn't take it. As soon as I got off work, I grabbed my gun and sat for the last 45 minutes of light. Thank god I can still get my fix and we have a 4 month long season down here. Lol. It's not going to be so easy after Wednesday though...

Took my stands out last weekend that was a sad day.... Tons of deer sign everywhere especially buck sign from the 2nd rut. Golf keeps my mind occupied until the bow season. But yes i constantly am thinking of different trees to switch to, looking at aerial views of the properties, how to get in and out undetected, reading and shopping for gear, figuring out how to hide my new gear from my fiance, etc. Totally addicted

I never seem to stop thinking about it. Every time I go for a drive im constantly checking woods and fields to see deer or turkey. Now that spring is (slowly) approaching, I am starting to watch turkey hunting videos, and soon ill be getting my calls out and annoying my wife with practice. She knows it, I never stop thinking about hunting.

• Like 1

My hunting buddy brought his turkey mouth call into work when he had a late shift one night.  The section leader came through and caught him using it.  She wasnt mad but was like WTH!? and laughing a little. He goes yeah .... needed some practice..... so he chirps a couple of times and two doors down someone answered him with another call !  lol.  Another guy brought his in too and they were going back and forth .    She just rolled her eyes and walked away.....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

My daydreaming right now is fixated on sitting along a nice warm stream-bank trying to catch some fish. I've had enough of the cold-weather activities for this year. I'm suffering from a bad case of cabin fever from being locked in the house by the cold weather. A little bow shooting in the basement, but really, I'm ready for summer.

• Like 3

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 2:49 PM, Iluvracks1359 said:

Every time I go for a drive im constantly checking woods and fields to see deer

I do the same thing and am always on the look out. I am real bad. Had a sheriff pull me over once because I was all over the road and he thought I was drinking and driving. I just told him if he sees me again just keep going because I drive like that all the time  but I stay between the lines. Drives the wife nuts     :punish:

9 minutes ago, Bill Schmidt said:

I sure think about Turkey Hunting all year. 2 Seasons and plenty of books a d mags to read and reread. When Hiking - I am on the lookout for turkey sign and the great birds themselves.

Really looking forward to the Turk season to.  Have gotten into it more and more over the last few years.  Got a buddy who is getting into it too.  Saw a bunch out today in two different fields and was gawking as I drove by

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

I bought a boat to take my mind of hunting for a few months....

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Smart move.  It beats turkey hunting because there are a lot less bugs out on the water than there are in the woods when it gets warm out.   Plus, fish is a lot better eating than turkey in my opinion anyhow.   

• Like 1

Yes and no, I mean with a mount and a few antler mounts in the family room ,it’s a clear reminder everyday yet I’m certainly not in hunting mode right now .

Although we’re going to build an elevated shooting house at work soon, so I can get it in place before the crops go,in .

But basically from the end of the season   I’m onto other things till August .

Most hunters think about hunting everyday. Actually, if one wanted too you could hunt every day of the year. But, most only think about deer season, turkey season, predators, and water fowl, and a close two are othe small game and bear. But, during the off seasons you can hunt red squirrel, frogs, woodchucks, and even bowhunt for certain species of fish.

Not a day goes by I don't think about hunting. When ever we travel I am always looking into the woods to see what I can see. I had to stop my thinking when I am driving though, in the year and a half living in the country I have had many a close call while I was busy looking at game in fields or in the woods then focusing on driving. We have some damn narrow raods out this way if you venture onto them, and not all of them are "less travelled". 

Smart move.  It beats turkey hunting because there are a lot less bugs out on the water than there are in the woods when it gets warm out.   Plus, fish is a lot better eating than turkey in my opinion anyhow.   
I have a thermacel. I'll be hunting till noon and fishing till dark !

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk