The Jerkman

LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Had 5 doe and a button milling around since I got in the stand this morning. Button and fawn decide to feed and bed 15 yards from me. Then I hear the footsteps behind me and freeze. Yup he got my wind, but, he came back and with all the cover gone I couldn't draw. He walked by at 10yds and stopped 3 times and I was shaking so freaking bad. He was headed towards the fawn and his head was behind a tree but he saw me. Super exciting morning so far and a little bummed but going to stay after it. Good luck everyone out. Beautiful morning.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Neighbor across the road is blasting away at ducks. He ran a doe and 2 fawns over about 20 min ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." - Wease

No deer just turkeys. This snow is making it hard to see!!!!!! The oak leaves are falling like rain. Crazy how fast they are falling.

Edited by biggamefish

Traffic is crazy along this backroad this morning!! LOL

49cf5234723fb74335c254cfaf3fabac.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." - Wease

There's 4 in my hunting party today and everyone has reported they have seen deer. Anyone who has hunted tughill can attest that doesn't happen very often.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Property owner came in to work on some stuff. This is behind my house, gave me a good time to get out and make some breakfast. Think I’ll take the afternoon off and take the kids out. Woods are just starting to heat up and I’m off all week.

Edited by Hock3y24

I saw a 4 point at first light after doing a bit of calling 10 mins later my uncle sees a 12-14 point but couldn’t get a shot off was moving to fast beautiful morning out so far

Weird morning.   No does yet.  3 bucks 2 of which were up and comers.   Where are the does?

22 minutes ago, mattypotpie8S said:

Heard Bluejays fussing over my shoulder. Doe and fawn. Got my Wind and bounded off

I’ve had blue jays alert me many times to deer coming!!

Switching gears to habitat improvements!

Weird morning.   No does yet.  3 bucks 2 of which were up and comers.   Where are the does?

Sounds like a perfect morning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Sounds like a perfect morning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

One shooter short of a perfect morning So far but not bad.  

• Like 1

We had a small 8pt cruise by the outside edge of the plot around 8:50, by sons buck standards are diminishing as he was all about trying to get me committed our way, no dice. We’re bailing soon to setup another stand.

Switching gears to habitat improvements!

Just passed on 15yd shot at a nice (guessing 3.5 yr old) 8Pt cruising through nose to the ground. Trying to wait on one of my 2 target bucks or a nice 10Pt...for now anyways. So far that's the only deer seen since the deer that came by in the dark. 

• Like 1

Just finished rattling, look behind me and 2 deer trotting in. Front one is a 4 maybe 6pt, second one is a good 8 or 10. They never slowed up never got closer than 60 yards...feels great getting that adrenaline pumping!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gencountyzeek said:

Just finished rattling, look behind me and 2 deer trotting in. Front one is a 4 maybe 6pt, second one is a good 8 or 10. They never slowed up never got closer than 60 yards...feels great getting that adrenaline pumping!

Ok I'm bored enough to give it a go

4 non-shooters last night and a small doe this morning.

And I don’t care, but sighting in your gun at your “range” in the freaking woods at 9am is a real dick move and super selfish

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching, even when the wrong thing is legal"

-Aldo Leopold 

Except for the full moon

Agreed. Lots of fresh rubs has me thinking there was a big party last night and now everyone is passed out

• Like 1

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching, even when the wrong thing is legal"

-Aldo Leopold 

Ok that’s it for me , heading to the Other Half to grab some beer .. last night I had to dodge deer and shoo them out of daughters driveway in order to pull in .

It would be nice to see some up close in the woods ....

2B1C6417-1391-4B0E-9856-EDFF451BD7CE.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nomad said:

Ok that’s it for me , heading to the Other Half to grab some beer .. last night I had to dodge deer and shoo them out of daughters driveway in order to pull in .

I've seen more deer in my backyard today than I've seen from the stand for the season.

• Like 1

'08 Bowtech Commander

GoldTip Hunter Expedition's w/ Rage 2 Blades

Remington 700 .308

Mossberg 500 Pump

Just had a 4 pt, a spike and 2 doe walk by but they were too far for little Squirrel to get a shot.

Gonna call it in 10 to go set a stand by Aunt Sherie.

• Like 2

I fully support PETA!!

People Eating Tasty Animals

8 minutes ago, Nomad said:

And that’s why nonhunters think it’s easy.   

• Like 1