LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

1 hour ago, wolc123 said:

Did you ever get your tree hammock seat.  Oddly enough, mine came unhooked from the tree last night, landing me on my butt.  My head was pounding for a while after that as the shock must have transmitted up the spine.  

I am not sure if I had it latched tight prior but I noted one of the teeth broken on the little plastic latch after.  This morning, I piled up leaves under it to break my fall if it let go again.  That worked out well because I was able to silently swivel for a good shot angle on this doe, thanks to the cleared leaves.  The seat held my 210 pounds this morning.

604BEA1C-AE7B-4AC5-9AD5-F7B8DA39F63D.jpeg

I ordered one but it never showed up in time.Congrats on the doe!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mowin said:

Well, this is odd.  Been sitting in my stand for about 10 min when out of the corner of my eye, I see something fall past me by only a foot or so and heard it hit the ground. 

There's a small gray squirrel laying at the bottom of the tree. It's wobbling like a baby trying to walk.  Do squirrel have young throughout the summer into fall? 

IMG_20211019_152000841.jpg

Had this one at a buddies job site. We think they came with the lumber that was dropped off. Caught him in my hat after he climbed up the building and lost balance. Almost tame I fed it my my leftover apple core.

IMG_20210920_140855086.jpg

• Like 2

Went full "THP" on this dude around 6:15......my son made the call and decided I needed to abort the treestand and go after him in the grapes. He ziged..... I Zaged and he lives to see another day. His buddy Mr. 4pt. Stuck around forever but he wasn't what we were after.
17500a71f5fa1d0b01847499d64f7089.jpg

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 16

Exciting evening hunt... Edge of a winter rye field at the other corner where I saw the buck Friday night and out come 3 doe, the one was a big girl too.  The best the would do was 70 yards... But a really cool experience.  I backed out and the never knew I was there.  I'll set up closer next time.

PXL_20211019_224136903.jpg

• Like 4

Jumped down when too dark under tree canopy. 10 in the field as I walked down logging trail. One broke out from the smaller group and walked right towards me. Big’ish doe came to 7-8 yards broadside on trail. A gift but don’t want to shoot anything here but him. Still got the blood going. 

• Like 3

Gonna be a long night. Sent one on  big doe about 6:15.  Full pass thru.  Checked arrow and it looks more liver/gut than I like to see.  Went home to let the dog out.  Gonna go back and take a little look and go from there....hoping it down .  Those grim reapers do a job. If not gonna be a longer night of hoping no coyotes.

• Like 17

7 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Gonna be a long night. Sent one on  big doe about 6:15.  Full pass thru.  Checked arrow and it looks more liver/gut than I like to see.  Went home to let the dog out.  Gonna go back and take a little look and go from there....hoping it down .  Those grim reapers do a job. If not gonna be a longer night of hoping no coyotes.

Pics!!!!!

10 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Do you think your dog could help, even on a leash?  A gut hit gives off a lot of scent and dogs have great noses.   I said a prayer that you will find her.  

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1

Went full "THP" on this dude around 6:15......my son made the call and decided I needed to abort the treestand and go after him in the grapes. He ziged..... I Zaged and he lives to see another day. His buddy Mr. 4pt. Stuck around forever but he wasn't what we were after.
17500a71f5fa1d0b01847499d64f7089.jpg

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Spot & Stalk!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

Great night saw this guy at 80 yards away in the woods, I was along the woods edge and a bean field he came out mid woods at 6:00 and stood in one spot for a timed 15 minutes , then was just gone . I watched him through my binoculars and he was watching me … I was totally silhouetted against the bright field . Then two big doe came out into the beans, and walking out there was another feeding in a cut corn field , how  she didn’t hear  me stepping on every stick and tripping as I reached the end of the lane is a mystery.

I passed this buck two years ago ( rifle) at 60 yards as he was on mean Jeans land and she asked I don’t kill deer on her side . One pic is 2019 another this summer .

FC2A29D9-C68D-4839-B997-F9460733853A.png

B2F458EF-BD37-4CC0-805B-E7B1ED293BFB.png

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 8

20 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Good luck Rob!!!

• Like 1

Good luck bud! I’m hoping for a quick recovery and a good nights sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Fletch said:

It was a 4.5 hour drive in, 1.5 hour meeting and 4.5 hour drive home zip zip in and out! I was too close to that city as it is lol.

I did think off Palisades(so?) parkway looked deery! And is the Pine Bush I passed the “Pine Bush”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I work a few mins from the Pine Bush exit, damn. 

I had to go back to the blind this am after quartering up my buck as I left some things in there in my excitement. Shoulda brought a damn rifle. Coyote was 50 yards from gut pile, which didn't make sense at first till I saw the two Bald eagles chewing on it! that was cool. I'm not sure ill get out till Friday back in PA with my son for youth hunt. 

• Like 2

I hate typing this but youre all my hunting buddies. I wounded a doe today. Tracked very little blood to @240 yards or so and then just lost it. Started taking trails, I had a friend with me, and also looking for a body in between trails. No luck. No beds. I rarely see my arrow fly but it was a wide open 20 yard shot and I blew it. Id love to say I think she will make it but I truly have no idea. I sent pics to several great hunters and all said the blood looked like liver but there was very little. I gave her four hours

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I hate typing this but youre all my hunting buddies. I wounded a doe today. Tracked very little blood to @240 yards or so and then just lost it. Started taking trails, I had a friend with me, and also looking for a body in between trails. No luck. No beds. I rarely see my arrow fly but it was a wide open 20 yard shot and I blew it. Id love to say I think she will make it but I truly have no idea. I sent pics to several great hunters and all said the blood looked like liver but there was very little. I gave her four hours

I’ve been lucky to say the least on finding a liver hit deer .A few times barely a drop of blood found .

• Like 1