piss bottle or let er go

nybuckboy

I carry in enough crap, I'm certainly not going to lug around a jug of my own urine. Funny story, about 4 years ago I was contemplating climbing down around 10:30AM, I'd sat since light and didn't see anything, it was mid November so I was trying to stay put as long as I could. Anyway, it was loud and dead quiet wind. I was putting off peeing only because I knew how loud it was going to be hitting the leaves. I decided to let it rip and before I finished a deer appeared at 30yds in some thick stuff running to the base of my tree! It was a small buck and he flew in to the base of the tree and just stood looking around, he hung around for like 5 minutes. My guess is he heard what he thought was chasing, when it was really that mornings coffee hitting the ground. I've never experienced that before.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Why the ground blind over a tree stand Biz? Is it the height thing? 

Actually last year is first time I ever use ground blind. Only have 1 of them. Otherwise I just hunt from the ground, sit on ground back against a tree. No issues with height, I've hunted other people's treestands and the deer just walk right under you. Almost felt like cheating and I also don't like being restricted. More than 1/2 the bucks I killed, I needed to move a few yards before getting a better shot. I like the idea of being mobile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Ive always peed from the tree, I dont believe its hurt my efforts any. I will be pissing in some mock scrapes this year with cameras set over. Piss is piss, predators pee, everything pees.

51 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Just go per smells like per..studies show deer will show up to any urine.. Matter of fact get so.e from your gf/wife when she's on her cycle.. Same hormones same attraction...

It makes sense lol, i dont think my wife would be ok with me wanting to "bottle some up". maybe if deer piss is going to be illegal now, if i can bottle hers up and sell it to make some cash she would be alright with that? lol  

• Like 1

I pee from the ladder stand . I also had a button buck sniff at the bottom of the ladder stand where I had peed . He never looked up and after a few minutes wandered off . 

I recall reading an article on Ted Nugent where he stated that the first thing he does when he gets in his stand is to take a whiz to bring the deer in ............

I've always let it fly, but there are some morning where I can smell that coffee pee and really wonder if it was such a good idea lol.

That's my fear. I love coffee but switch to Red Bull for hunting mornings I hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, G-Man said:

Just go per smells like per..studies show deer will show up to any urine.. Matter of fact get so.e from your gf/wife when she's on her cycle.. Same hormones same attraction...

Yeah, I've heard about this.  I can just visualize us poor suckers.  We know that she is having her cycle, since we haven't gotten any the last few days and we see all the sanitary napkins lying around within reach of the toilet bowl.  We then knock on the bathroom door, crack it open a bit and hand her a bottle while asking her if she'd be so kind to help us out for our next hunting trip.  LOL