Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

4 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

I’m in jeffersonville also Sullivan, my buddy has a camp he’s a member of in glen Spey honestly I’m not even sure why he pays to be a member there, it sounds like they don’t ever get deer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, familar with Jeffersonville, not far at all.  Lol as far as the hunting club goes.  I feel their pain, I put well over 100 hrs in the stand here last season because of the lack of sightings.  I saw maybe 5 deer, and I believe it was the same 5.  I work in 3M and those guys look at you like how the heck havent you seen any deer in all the hours you put in.  They dont understand the difference 37 miles makes.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I'm for love and I'm for happiness but I'm against hunting in the rain.

That sounds like a Hank Jr song, except for the "hunting" part.   He would probably hunt thru any weather conditions.   "Fishing" in the rain has been very good for me, as long as it is not also cold and windy.  I can only deal with any two of those (rain, cold, wind) in combination.  

I like hunting in the rain also, as long as I am in a blind when it is blowing and coming down hard.   Being out there and in position to get up in a stand, the minute it lets up, often pays off.    It did not pay today though, when I tried it between downpours a couple times.   

• Like 1

That sounds like a Hank Jr song, except for the "hunting" part.   He would probably hunt thru any weather conditions.   "Fishing" in the rain has been very good for me, as long as it is not also cold and windy.  I can only deal with any two of those (rain, cold, wind) in combination.  
I like hunting in the rain also, as long as I am in a blind when it is blowing and coming down hard.   Being out there and in position to get up in a stand, the minute it lets up, often pays off.    It did not pay today though, when I tried it between downpours a couple times.   

I guess your special Friend is punishing you for your insane comment the other day

• Like 4

It dawned on me...of course I wasn't going to get a deer in warm weather..Mr B bought me that dang commercial Frig.

Now he says.. with the temps getting real cold you should get a deer..the Gator will be back from getting repaired Monday so you'll have it to get one out...there goes the rest of bow season...:mda::cheese:

• Haha 1

Maybe you are onto something.  It looks like near-perfect hanging weather after today, for as far as the long range forecast goes.   I like hanging them with the hide on for a week or so in the garage, a lot better than skinning them right away, cutting them in half, and hanging them in the "deer fridge".  

3 minutes ago, growalot said:

It dawned on me...of course I wasn't going to get a deer in warm weather..Mr B bought me that dang commercial Frig.

Now he says.. with the temps getting real cold you should get a deer..the Gator will be back from getting repaired Monday so you'll have it to get one out...there goes the rest of bow season...:mda::cheese:

24 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

You hit it ...Hank jr. just hunting instead of fishing. 

Tried between downpours too. And nothing. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Anybody else noticing the bucks are not responding to cans, grunts, snorts....? I've had it happen and seem to see it from a lot of posts here?

This is the first year that I haven't grunted in at least a couple of bucks by now! That's typically how I get my bow kills. I haven't had one respond yet this year. I had a huge 11pt at 75 yards a couple of evenings ago. I grunted at varying degrees of aggressiveness to get him to come in to kick some ass, but he wasn't the least bit interested! He stopped to look a couple of times, so I know he heard me, but he could care less. It wasn't like he was nose to the ground or anything, and he even crossed the path of 4 does and didn't go after them either. He just seemed like he was going from point "A" (bedding) to point "B" (feeding). 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

This is the first year that I haven't grunted in at least a couple of bucks by now! That's typically how I get my bow kills. I haven't had one respond yet this year. I had a huge 11pt at 75 yards a couple of evenings ago. I grunted at varying degrees of aggressiveness to get him to come in to kick some ass, but he wasn't the least bit interested! He stopped to look a couple of times, so I know he heard me, but he could care less. It wasn't like he was nose to the ground or anything, and he even crossed the path of 4 does and didn't go after them either. He just seemed like he was going from point "A" (bedding) to point "B" (feeding). 

Had the same thing yesterday morning.got out of stand and noticed a spike that had snuck in behind me at 70yrds.dont know how he didnt see me first off.he went out into the field as i got into position i grunted.just looked and kept grazing.jumped him as he went to bed down and i tried to sneak around him.got down fast and grunted more.watched him slowly walk off as if nothing happened.weird for sure

I’m in jeffersonville also Sullivan, my buddy has a camp he’s a member of in glen Spey honestly I’m not even sure why he pays to be a member there, it sounds like they don’t ever get deer

I hear I love Greenwood lake, and I swear there are no deer in Sullivan county.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk