Prayers Work

fasteddie

My 42 year old son had a Stroke last Monday night . He was unresponsive and luckily someone was at his apartment when he collapsed . His boyfriend , who is an RN was able to get to his apartment in about 10 minutes and an ambulance arrived quickly . At the local hospital , 2 doctors debated whether to give him a shot as they didn't have permission . My son's boyfriend said to give him the shot and he would sign anything necessary and take full responsibility . My son became responsive within 20 minutes and was moved from the hospital in Jersey City to St Barnabus in Livingston NJ . My wife and I were in NJ from Tuesday afternoon and got home Friday evening . 

Our son had a Angiogram and a MRI . They found a restriction in his left Carotid Artery with a slight tear . We drove back to Livingston , NJ Sunday after church and stayed until this am . He had another Angiogram and MRI yesterday . He was released from the hospital last night and we took him to his home in Jersey City . So far no therapy is required but he has several medical follow ups to do . If worse comes to worse , after a follow up in 3 months , they may have to install a stent in the artery . 

Our church , family and friends were praying for our son . They worked ! 

• Like 23

thats great eddie he got the shot soon enough. my friend in work was lucky too his wife found him in the shower and called ems and he got it [ the shot] in time, one friend i have was up in hancock and hes lucky to be alive another friend found him  but by the time the ambulance got there and took him to the hospital in penn.He's paralyzed on one side and cant move his arm and barely walk. prayers sent for your son god  is on his side and hes young. I hope for a speedy and full recovery

So happy to hear that he is doing ok. It sounds like a warning shot that will be forcing him to commence a life-style change of special diet and exercise so that he can live a long and healthy life. I went through the same thing and learned that there is lots of life after a stroke .... as long as you are lucky enough to get a second chance.

• Like 1