Best parenting advice

crappyice

So I just told my 13 year old son to stay in his room until his mother gets home (9:00pm) for his own protection or I may kill him (speaking figuratively of course- can’t be too sarcastic today or CPS may be knocking on my door....AGAIN(that’s a joke too!))

Lucky #13 my a$$!

What other wonderful technique do you have for sculpting and modeling the next generation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bunch of military breaking techniques staring in the corner standing at attention no moving talking or it starts over. Front leaning rest pushup position and flutter kicks and leg lifts and arms straight out to the sides and if you want to get serious with this one put something in the hands to holds up thatll breakem.

If you keep doing that, you'll go blind!

Seriously though, I always stayed cool and calm, for the everyday things. So when I did raise my voice, they would listen! 

They don't come with instructions. If ya follow your heart, you will do just fine.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Bunch of military breaking techniques staring in the corner standing at attention no moving talking or it starts over. Front leaning rest pushup position and flutter kicks and leg lifts and arms straight out to the sides and if you want to get serious with this one put something in the hands to holds up thatll breakem.

My parenting advice hopefully keeps me and the wife out of a nursing home and puts them thru college if not a military academy. Maybe I'm to hard but I turned out alright from my upbringing and nowadays lack of ability to discipline your own kid.

• Like 2

Well I never had any boys....

My two girls , each day thay went off to school, I gave them two or three words of advice, be good, obey your teachers , try your best and so on. When they came home I had them empty their packs and looked at any returned home work and tests.

As far as discipline, I always told them lying would bring a greater punishment then what they did . I would check up on them, if they said they were going to “ Jamie’s “house , I would ride my bike past the house a time or two and let them see me,or comment  later, “oh I see you were shooting baskets “ .

They never knew when I would turn up or where ....

Most importantly. I set an example  of behavior that I expected from  them.

My punishment was not an empty threat , yet I was also willing to, listen to their explanation.

Now there were many times they each blamed each other, and it was almost impossible to tell which was the true story, and that was one area I struggled with .

If you do your part , as they age it all seems to work out .

Good luck !

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Most importantly. I set an example  of behavior that I expected from  them.

My punishment was not an empty threat , yet I was also willing to, listen to their explanation

BINGO

• Like 1

Strict discipline when my nephews were young made them listen to me when they got older no questions asked.. my sister in law has no control over her kids and is amazed they listen to me. She talks to them like adults in college in a debate.. I talked with my hand..

• Like 1

Nose and toes, my kids, nephews, and godsons used to hate this.  Make them stand against the wall with nose and toes touching the wall. But the older my daughters get ive learned to breath because my wife tells me that the more i raise my voice the less they listen.  Good luck kids are all different. However godsons only react and listen now after a hard day of splitting firewood.  

Edited by Swamp_bucks

We are having a tough time lately with our 12 yr old. He would be my step son, He thinks hes invisible and above house rules lately. Grounding him worked the first couple times. But hes a smart little shit... no dummy by far, and he figures out how to get around things and hide the stuff he does. I looked at him and told him.. i was a 12 year old boy once too, whatever your doing i know all about it, and if you don't think i do, I will. lol. I just told him, if you tell us the truth we will not be half ass mad if we we were to find out your lying..

We just take everything from him, during the week and he is to not do a damn thing unitl he proves himself whether it be homework or his behavior around the house... whether or not his dad does also on the weekends im not sure..

Its not easy... I have a needy 8 month old son, and a smart and wild 3 yr old daughter as well.... my hair is falling out and what is left is turning grey fast.. Pretty poor looking 31 yr old lol  

Edited by LET EM GROW

I never hit my kids,mom used to whip us good when we got out of hand so that was never an option,I would take the things they love away,Bikes, Cell phones,Friday night at the skating rink, I pods ,things like that.....Only had 1 basic rule for the kids and that was be nice..My youngest is 21 so I have been out of the game for awhile.

• Like 1

Lead by example, remain calm and keep a good open path of communication between you. You don't want them to shut down and see you as the enemy and not listen. Kids at that age need patience from their parents and the knowledge and things we have learned the hard way need to be taught and spoken to them over and over. Good luck.

Lead by example, remain calm and keep a good open path of communication between you. You don't want them to shut down and see you as the enemy and not listen. Kids at that age need patience from their parents and the knowledge and things we have learned the hard way need to be taught and spoken to them over and over. Good luck.

It’s that easy huh!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk