LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

58 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Its been rough the last couple years because theres so many amish around and they just stack them.   I joke that the youth opener the amish take as opener of gun.  But i think someones cracked down on them because the deer heard is looking good again in that area.  

I will say though if and when i can by a chunck of land for hunting it will be in the hamilton area.  

I heard they busted a deacon over in the bouckville area last year that had 7 hanging in the barn..

Amish have moved in where I hunt in 6S too. And haven't seen a big doe in two years. Just little 1.5s. never drew on a doe all of this or last season. Coincidence....mm.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bhunterED said:

In 7S my buddy just shot a huge 8 that was bedded with a doe. He walked up to within 30 yards of him and he wouldn't get up. My buddy drew thinking that he would stand up but he just kept laying there so he let it fly. Says he hit high and near shoulder area. He followed blood for a ways and at last blood he said there are chunks of lung in it. I told him to back out as he probably one lunged him with the blood looking the way he described. The deer was headed down into a creek bottom he said you could see in the leaves where he was dragging his feet and stumbled a few times. After we are done with taking our kids trick or treating we're going to go look. I'm thinking he'll be dead in that creek bottom and hoping he didn't fall down and lay on his side the arrow with the lumenok is on.

Good luck and pics!!!

1 hour ago, bhunterED said:

In 7S my buddy just shot a huge 8 that was bedded with a doe. He walked up to within 30 yards of him and he wouldn't get up. My buddy drew thinking that he would stand up but he just kept laying there so he let it fly. Says he hit high and near shoulder area. He followed blood for a ways and at last blood he said there are chunks of lung in it. I told him to back out as he probably one lunged him with the blood looking the way he described. The deer was headed down into a creek bottom he said you could see in the leaves where he was dragging his feet and stumbled a few times. After we are done with taking our kids trick or treating we're going to go look. I'm thinking he'll be dead in that creek bottom and hoping he didn't fall down and lay on his side the arrow with the lumenok is on.

I hope you guys find him. Shooting a bedded deer is always tough,the organs and how everything aligns is weird,like if he is curled to the side at all. I shot my first doe from the ground on the ground and hit right where i aimed,but it was a loooong trail. One lung,liver and guts.

Best of luck!!

2 hours ago, moog5050 said:

anyone else going out tomorrow with the wind predicted in the morning?  May try to find protected lowland and give it a shot.  No point staying home.

Taking some training in Rochester tomorrow. PAINED me to sign up for it, being Nov. 1st, but I'm off the next 2 weeks, so I guess I'll live...

2 hours ago, moog5050 said:

anyone else going out tomorrow with the wind predicted in the morning?  May try to find protected lowland and give it a shot.  No point staying home.

30 mph with gusts to 65 , it’s a no from me dog . Buddy wants me to hunt ducks on the Bay, because with those winds they won’t be on the lake , but the coves of the Bay ,ya ok good luck in your little John boat .

Week end is filled up with other obligations, I may get out once maybe Sat AM, the hit  it hard starting Monday .

oh and shooting a bedded deer with an arrow, is not something I’d ever consider .

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, Nomad said:

30 mph with gusts to 65 , it’s a no from me dog . Buddy wants me to hunt ducks on the Bay, because with those winds they won’t be on the lake , but the coves of the Bay ,ya ok good luck in your little John boat .

Week end is filled up with other obligations, I may get out once maybe Sat AM, the hit  it hard starting Monday .

oh and shooting a bedded deer with an arrow, is not something I’d ever consider .

Yeah,i dont think I will be shooting at a bedded deer again,i got lucky on the first try. I may go out in the a.m. for a bit,but i think i will leave the climber home.

• Like 1

Good luck guys. The storms that just ripped through here in 7S are going to make it a tough track. Wishing you the best.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I’ll be out. The best day I had in the woods last year was on a very similar day with 40+ mph gusts. Saw something like 15 bucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, bhunterED said:

Hope u guys find it good luck

• Like 1

Just got back in and the storms that rolled through where pretty intense. We stayed up on the high side of the creek bank (opposite side of where the deer would have entered) and just slowly walked looking into the bottom for his glowing nock. About 200 to 250 yards into the walk we spotted the nock, sadly it was moving not very fast at all but moving. It almost seemed as if it was trying to stay with us but just shortly behind. I definitely feel he got one lung but I know they can go a long ways with just one lung. We pulled out again and he will be going back at 1st light.

• Like 6