fasteddie

LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

11 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I’m up and heading out soon in 4Y...missing those early bow season temps already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not  me  I love the cold for hunting no ticks !! 

Feels cold bring more clothes with you that's all .  Sometimes  feet and hands can be problem  staying warm but other then that love it .

Edited by Hunter007

13 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Pre game breakfast.  Good luck everyone.  Me and @FISHDO are headed out.

Thanks Jay for the maple blueberry sausage !  Perfect for opening day breakfast. 

IMG_20191116_045905443.jpg

Looks delicious, but I cant Eat like that before I go out. I’d be having to take a dump by 9am lol. 

good luck guys!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just heard what I’m pretty sure was a distant shot, you have got to be kidding me

11 minutes ago, Chef said:

Just heard what I’m pretty sure was a distant shot, you have got to be kidding me

Yep I can't remember a year that i didn't here gun shots before legal light and actually after  on opening day 

13 minutes ago, Chef said:

Yeah, I was just pinned down by a lone doe for 45 minutes.  If she'd been a buck, would have been hard not to.  Could see clearly through my vx2 scope.

'08 Bowtech Commander

GoldTip Hunter Expedition's w/ Rage 2 Blades

Remington 700 .308

Mossberg 500 Pump

What a crazy sit, in pa we have a resident grouse who follows us everywhere, he decided to sit in my treestand with me all day and peck at me. 8 am nice buck comes through not sure if I want to shoot him or not, (7pt no brows about 100”) I grunt him into 12 yards and the damn grouse flys up on my head and shoulder and starts flapping around. Buck spooks off and I laugh my ass off and the fighting this grouse for 2 more hours. He does not leave and jumps on my head as im Climbing down the treestand, then followed me to my buddies stand who happened to shoot a doe while pissing out of his elevated blind. Literally balls out shot a doe with a crossbow. What a day.
8452389D-5786-4199-A0D3-207621F248CD.thumb.jpeg.004606dde526e7b7161e698a92c96fd1.jpeg

Grouse nugget appetizer before dinner

• Like 1

I fully support PETA!!

People Eating Tasty Animals

16 degrees and yikes that was a loud walk in !! Nothing sneaking up on me this morn! The boy is in the tower with the heat and I’m down in the far stand. No heat and got hot coming in.

• Like 1

Saw what I thought was 1 doe at 45ish yards. Moved to glass her and I see 4 bound away. No idea the others were there. They must have caught some movement. Oh well. Still early. image-2019-11-16-06:40:43-801.jpg

• Like 1

I fully support PETA!!

People Eating Tasty Animals