Buried in snow

Robhuntandfish

yup def.  I am on the immediate east end of Oneida lake and the south east end of Ontario.  - about 1/2 hour from the infamous snow capitol of Redfield NY .  Right in the bullseye for sure.  Plus Oneida lake is completely froze over and with that wind it just sent it all to east end of the lake.  Def no stranger to lake effect.  It is amazing how those small lines of it form and just stay in a spot like here, watertown, buffalo etc.    

• Like 1

You guys really got hit hard out there Rob!! Never seen wind blasted snow like that!! 

I'm sure when you are out on Oneita, in late spring, flipping walleye into the boat one after another. That this storm will be a distant memory.

Hang in there buddy.......   

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, sbuff said:

Lake effect at it's best, we hunt just north of oneida and the snow starts in November and is there until May sometimes .

Rob is the canal to sylvan beach froze over ?

Now I heard Vellas in Cleveland sold 

Yup all froze over.  Even saw people on it ice fishing.  

I heard that about Vella's but haven't heard about any changes yet.  Thats been there forever and pretty handy for folks that live nearby.  

Maybe Adrian Brody bought it?  Lol

- just texted a guy that lives up there says it's sold but is gonna stay open-

Edited by Robhuntandfish

12 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

The syr TV station is apologizing for a bad forecast . Lake effect band never moved and we got over a foot.  It was bad last night like I've never seen with wind and snow.   Couldn't get out the front door this morn had to go around the back to get out of the house.  Friggin winter!  

IMG_20190226_041651203.jpg

IMG_20190226_041709417.jpg

IMG_20190226_042538058.jpg

IMG_20190226_045500094.jpg

That's insane!

Last time I seen anything like that was back around '00 in the Green Mtns. of VT. Buddy and I went up for a snowboarding/ski trip to Mt. Snow. They got dumped on! If I remember it was like 4-5 feet of snow over three days. Some of the houses closer to the road looked like that, the ones further back from the road, you couldn't see.

9 hours ago, Bionic said:

How’d you make out pal? 

Probably still out there...

All cleaned up and ready for another round of snow tonite and its looks like this weekend.  We have cert gotten a foot + storms before but not with 50 MPH winds and the lake completely frozen over.  Would be under a stoplight and not even see it.  Worst i have seen in a long time. There is a traffic circle on 13 before the beach and they closed it cause you couldnt see to go around it. 

March usually gives us a big one - its ok with me if this year could be skipped.  Not sure that winter weather is any worse than it is every year but i am sure i am getting older and dont deal with it as well.  On Monday we did a one hour delay then into a close, Tuesday a one hour delay again .... hope thats it for the week! 

• Like 2