Brought my 2017 crossbow buck home!

WNYBuckHunter

Tonight I picked up my buck that I shot On the first day of the 2017 crossbow season. He had sat in my freezer for a year before I had a chance to get him down to WNYBowhunter. He turned out beautiful! This buck had a busted off G2 and G3 when I shot him, but I had Some trail cam picks from before he got busted up and WNYBowhunter did an amazing job restoring his rack! I’m glad to finally have this guy up on my wall! Thanks again Jason! Hopefully I’ll have another one for ya this year!

76B1288F-2594-4FE7-BAA7-34CEE50DC3D5.jpeg

FA22DFF5-1154-470E-8D5F-9AA36FF714AB.jpeg

8AC85A63-4579-4A2D-8FE4-0D56E66A8382.jpeg

144C24E4-0C2D-46D6-A226-FB4A8B12E00B.jpeg

F201B0A3-3EDE-4554-847D-F25F219857CD.jpeg

• Like 22

33 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Looks great - any pics of it pre-restoration? I can’t really see where I the broken off points are- credit to WNY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here’s a couple. He did a great job with the rack, you have to look really close to see anything and if you didn’t know they were broken off, you probably wouldn’t be able to tell. 

B0735975-BBE1-4537-A0C8-1B64B4C2D108.jpeg

5EAFC78B-CC40-464E-9537-93AE9B31FA8A.jpeg

Nice mount!

To each their own, but I would left him as is and loved it the same. That’s how you shot it. I could see repair if you broke it off dragging or something, but the character of that buck when shot it was really cool.

Otherwise, when you watch tv and guys pass up broken bucks, they could Just shoot them and add on all the extra inches afterwards.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Beautiful job and buck, I’d have left that warrior the way he was too but then again, I didn’t kill a big buck lol. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was a little relieved that the "warrior" I killed last fall had a couple points broken off.  That saved me the expense of a shoulder mount and let me get away with a "free" power-washer euro.   If I was going to fork over the cash for a shoulder mount, then I would also have the points restored, as did the OP.   It looks like it turned out great.    

• Like 1

On 4/27/2019 at 6:41 PM, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Nice mount!

To each their own, but I would left him as is and loved it the same. That’s how you shot it. I could see repair if you broke it off dragging or something, but the character of that buck when shot it was really cool.

Otherwise, when you watch tv and guys pass up broken bucks, they could Just shoot them and add on all the extra inches afterwards.

He’s not a book buck and I dont care what he scores. He’s just a nice looking 8 and I wanted to Have him look like he did when I first saw him, which wasn’t when I ended up killing him. 

On 4/28/2019 at 11:07 AM, wolc123 said:

I was a little relieved that the "warrior" I killed last fall had a couple points broken off.  That saved me the expense of a shoulder mount and let me get away with a "free" power-washer euro.   If I was going to fork over the cash for a shoulder mount, then I would also have the points restored, as did the OP.   It looks like it turned out great.    

Thanks. I think he turned out great. I mount all of my “firsts”. He was my first crossbow buck. The one in the middle was my first bow buck and the one on the other side was my first muzzleloader buck. My first shotgun buck is downstairs. After the first, the rest get euro mounts until I shoot one over 140 or if it’s something odd or has some specific significance. I will mount the first buck I take On my property for example. 

• Like 2