luberhill

Do you guys wear orange

I do not. But I also hunt private land.  If I was hunting public during the youth weekend I def would, or if bow hunting during gun or muzzleloader season.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I do not. But I also hunt private land.  If I was hunting public during the youth weekend I def would, or if bow hunting during gun or muzzleloader season.

Do you on private durning gun ?

7 minutes ago, luberhill said:

Do you on private durning gun ?

I do. I am usually hunting with another person. Plus during gun you just never know who is walking around.  We haven't had any trespassing problems but we do hunt along property lines esp when going in and out of the woods.  

9 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

I wear orange when hunting pheasant

I also wear Orange when hunting Pheasant- vest + Hat. Orange while Fall Turkey Hunting when walking.  Switch Hats when sitting.

• Like 1

Suffolk County requires hunters to wear 6" × 6" min. orange while bowhunting on County properties. I have never seen anyone follow that rule.

If I am not bowhunting, I wear orange, but I hunt public land.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Yes during crossbow, and rifle.  Bow, I do not.

Usually just an orange hat.  99% of time its my private land. If on public during gun, I wear an orange vest.

Edited by Bionic

Private land here.orange hat and vest during gun season.only time i will wear an orange hat during bow is if ive backed out for a deer i hit and have to track a distance.better safe than sorry!

• Like 1

Nope....I don’t want the rightful land owner to see me!!!
I kid of course! But no. On private in bow I do not wear orange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

Bird hunting yes.

Deer hunting when moving I wear a orange camo hat.

In my blind no but I have orange on my blind. 

Years ago when the Catskills was a war zone on opening day I glowed with orange to to bottom.

Always at least an orange hat but sometimes more depending on the hunt itself and where and what I am hunting. I am a believer in blaze orange as a simple precaution and the best I can tell it never caused me to unsuccessful because I had some on.

Al

Edited by airedale

Serious Dogs For Serious Work

During Southern zone gun season.  Northern zone I either do or don't, I don't put much thought into it because we see so few people.  Bow season I don't.  I only hunt my place and the home farm.

Happiness is cupped wings.

Bow only season, I like to display orange on the walk in and out times. Never know who might be out there waiting to release an arrow, legally or not. All it takes is once.

On 9/5/2020 at 6:06 PM, Robhuntandfish said:

same.

and to be clear, even on private land I still put an orange hat on walking in and out, and a vest if I'm tracking.

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching, even when the wrong thing is legal"

-Aldo Leopold 

I only wear orange during gun seasons and small game hunting (exlcuding turkey and duck). Ill wear the orange on private and public land...never know whos trespassing. 

I wear a camo hat when walking between spots in the Northern zone, during ML and rifle season.  I switch to a camo hat upon reaching my spots, and hang the orange hat on a branch above.

I go with all camo, never any orange, during crossbow season.

Edited by wolc123