LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

went for a still hunt and had two does at 10 yds. I figured the first was on the small side,she caught my scent and turned away, then another came right to me. I fired but the muzzleloader misfired,only the primer went off. Of course she heard it and left. I am not sure what the problem was,maybe it was the breech plug,I bought a replacement one and couldn't remember which one I usually use.

I keep seeing deer closer during gun season than I did during bow,how weird is that. 

4 hours ago, chrisw said:

Plus my left ear is still ringing from the shot yesterday. Damn muzzle brakes! 

I have same thing going on. Yesterday was the first time I shot a rifle with a muzzle brake on it without earplugs.... Holy smokes was it loud! I won't shoot another doe with that gun without earplugs in, for a good buck I can hack it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, E J said:

I have same thing going on. Yesterday was the first time I shot a rifle with a muzzle brake on it without earplugs.... Holy smokes was it loud! I won't shoot another doe with that gun without earplugs in, for a good buck I can hack it.

Same here….well not me but my son. When he shot his buck yesterday in an enclosed blind it was so loud when he shot the thermometer nailed to a wall fell down.  He turns and looks at me and says i think got a concussion