Any shortages holding you up ?

Nomad

So the tires that come on RVs are well, crap , the owners group I belong to for mine , calls the ones that come on it Chinese time bombs, very prone to blowouts . Everyone switches to Goodyear Assurance trailer tires, so,off I go to Goodyear , “ sorry our warehouses dont have any .”

So I start my online search , Tire Rack is the only place online that shows them in stock  , except if I order them now I don’t get them till March ! This is actually putting a damper on some longer trips we thought about this Fall , I’m only single axle , a blowout is a major concern .

It's crazy getting materials or goods !

I just heard their will be a turkey "shortage" for Thanksgiving this year, I 'm sure the coolers will be empty by this weekend as we all stock up !!

Diesel up over a dollar in just one year and the White House tells us the economy is great and the Dow is setting records.....

Good luck !! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nomad said:

So the tires that come on RVs are well, crap , the owners group I belong to for mine , calls the ones that come on it Chinese time bombs, very prone to blowouts . Everyone switches to Goodyear Assurance trailer tires, so,off I go to Goodyear , “ sorry our warehouses dont have any .”

So I start my online search , Tire Rack is the only place online that shows them in stock  , except if I order them now I don’t get them till March ! This is actually putting a damper on some longer trips we thought about this Fall , I’m only single axle , a blowout is a major concern .

Very familiar with the CTB's. Definitely crap. I'd grab a couple spares if there all you can find. Not sure how heavy your camper is, but another option is car tires. I've run only car tires on my landscape trailer, but I'm only about 4k loaded. 

• Like 1

Prices are holding me up more than shortages. I’d rather wait until prices come down to do home improvements versus doing them now and I’m not even looking at doing anything crazy just furniture, carpets and paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our trailer is 3300 dry, I have a spare ,the same kind as on the trailer , I think we’ll do 2 or 3 more short trips to state parks ,and perhaps the AK idk.

Crap you mean I may have to shoot my own Turkey this Fall ? 

We try to stay stocked up on things  here , but one can only do so much, and it has to be on the shelf ,yesterday at Wally World , we grabbed two big coffee cans for the pantry , and I bought more vacuume bags for the vacuum sealer ,so I’m set now for deer season .

5 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

I don’t think the poor folks that actually benefited from the stimulus funds are in the home remodeling or cross country vacation demographic. 

what about their groceries and gas? everything is up i think.

2 hours ago, Nomad said:

I never had much luck with "trailer" tires on my boat.  When they blow out, I replace them with cheap car tires, which have never let me down. I just run them at slightly higher pressure than recommended for a car.

What has always happened with the trailer tires, is that the tread blows off.  Most often, I catch that in my rear view mirror, and am able to get off the highway on the next exit and change to the spare before the tire blows completely. 

One time, near the rt 81 exit on the 90, I heard a trucker say "give that camper pulling a boat a wide birth, he has a tire about to go", on the cb.  Sure enough, I noticed a slight wobble on the passenger side.   I put on my 4 ways, dropped my speed to 55, and replaced the failing tire at the next exit. 

That  was about 10 years ago.  On my way home, I stopped at the Watertown Walmart and had them mount their cheapest car tire on the trailer rim.   I will never buy another "trailer" tire, since I have now had 3 fail the same way.  

The first one I replaced with another trailer tire, having not yet learned that lesson, which makes the math work out.

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

A lot of people in this country thought the stimulus was "free money". 

You mean like the trillions in tax giveaways to corporations that never did trickle down. I'd much rather see money going to the people to keep local economies alive. But I'm pretty sure the ones who complained about stimulus the most sent those checks right back to to where they came from, yup I'm certain, LMAO!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

You mean like the trillions in tax giveaways to corporations that never did trickle down. I'd much rather see money going to the people to keep local economies alive. But I'm pretty sure the ones who complained about stimulus the most sent those checks right back to to where they came from, yup I'm certain, LMAO!

Sooo.....what was it that is on backorder that's holding you up?

• Like 1

No shortages I guess for me just prices to come back down for some house projects.  Want to redo my floors and add a lean-to to my garage but I'm not in any rush.  

Nomad I have a bunch of buddies who have campers and they always seem to just buy car tires and run them. However they usually aren't traveling more than 50miles from home.

30 minutes ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

Not sure who you mean?

Freightliner/semi parts most electronic parts and some run of the mill parts are 6 week back ordered. This is causing more and more issues as dealers and repair shops parking lots are full of trucks waiting on sensors and small parts. These trucks are not moving the day to day goods and causing more shortages of other goods.