How Much Snow Do You Have?

Lawdwaz

24" Syracuse area real bummer, 68 in Fenner 7J on Saturday, Sunday Morning 6 to 8 inches stuck to the trees with high winds took all the viability out of the woods with trees bent over then snow at home,till today with high winds,, battled though to night hunts but went back to work Monday and Tuesday trading them for next Monday and Tuesday off back at it tomorrow ,, hopefully they are on the hoof and moving,bringing the ground blind and setting up in the hardwoods ..

Good Luck ..

Wow, here in Amherst/Clarence area we got basically zip.  

Since I don't hunt in my backyard I'm thrilled!  I might hunt locally over the next few days but I'm not sure.

Some of you blokes got blasted, lucky you.    We've certainly had our share over the years, it's nice to spread the love.........:rofl:

ON a VERY sad side note, my bosses BIL died Sunday afternoon while shoveling snow from his driveway in Syracuse. 67 years old and seemed to be in good health.  RIP Jim.....

I hunted today after it finally stopped snowing.  36 hours straight with snow, I have about 20" in snowfall and several drifts over four feet. In the fields it was over my knees most of the time, and up to my waist in some areas.  It was tough walking for sure, felt like uphill both ways.  Even in a section of protected woods, there was a foot or more to walk through.  At least it was a quiet walk!   I did see some tracks, but no sightings.  it has still been windy, so any tracks from yesterday are already covered over.  these were from this morning or later.

The alfalfa fields are covered over completely.  Maybe with the warm ground, and some temps above freezing, some green areas will open up and the deer will return.  

I didn't measure it, but I know it was well over a foot, and it was sloppy and like an ice cream consistency. Just right for sticking to the plow. I plow with an ATV and the plow is a manual lift, so when it gets glopped up with snow, lifting the plow gets to be a real problem. I had to plow for two days because of the way the snow came, and I'm pretty worn out. Apparently the ground is still retaining quite a lot of heat, so even though the top layer isn't too bad, the snow next to the ground is like pudding. It sure has knocked the hell out of my hunting, but I have a whole lot of people coming for Thanksgiving and I have to keep things my 1000' driveway open and create spots for for parking. It's looking good now, but it has been quite a struggle.