Haley got it done!

WNYBuckHunter

We got out to the blind at about 5:30 and got setup and settled in. We heard the first couple of gobbles around 6 and they kept going for about a half hour and then died down. I did some calling here and there and about 7 we had a big coyote come in to the set. After he left we sat and listened and heard a couple of gobbles coming from both sides of us. Right at 7:30 I saw a fan in the brush about 85 yards away so I got my binos and whispered to Haley "there's a turkey". I saw that it was a good tom and gave a few soft calls and he stepped out at full strut. Haley got the gun up on the shooting stick and we waited. She kept whispering about she couldn't believe how big he was. The tom stepped back in the brush and we lost sight of him behind a big fall down. I gave a few more soft calls and a minute later he stepped back out. Haley was shaking bad at this point and I whispered for her to relax and breathe. Just then a gen stepped out and started angling toward us. The tom caught sight of our decoys and started side stepping and doing circles. I ranged him at 63 yards, he did one more circle, side stepped and then started marching right toward the decoys. I ranged him again at 45 yards, let him take 2 more steps and told Haley to shoot as soon as she had a good shot at his head. He turned right toward us, and Haley waited. He turned to his left and stuck his head out and Haley pulled the trigger. He flopped right down and I said "you got him!"  Haley couldn't contain herself and started smiling and crying. She said she couldn't believe she had done it! Hugs, smiles and pictures ensued. I am so proud of her! She did great! It was one of the most perfect hunts I've ever been on. 

I haven't measured the beard or spurs yet, we will do that after breakfast. 

IMG_8541.JPG

IMG_8542.JPG

IMG_8544.JPG

IMG_8545.JPG

IMG_8546.JPG

IMG_8548.JPG

IMG_8549.JPG

• Like 33

That's fantastic.  Her smile is ear to ear.

I bet Dads breathing was a little ragged when he was coming in. 

I know I get more excited and nervous when im sitting next to a youngster and the critter is in the zone.  Lol

• Like 1