USPS is getting to be about useless

rob-c

I made a bulk order of -  air, cabin and oil filters for our 3 vehicle’s  from rock auto back on the aug 14th. So they are coming from 3 separate  locations, I received one package but the other 2 have been in limbo in the Rochester hub since aug 15th. Hell I could have drove there and back in a few hrs and had them by now . The usps is really getting to be a joke. Rant off .....

i know what you mean rob. i just checked on an order that was shipped out of springvalley ny went to whiteplains and now is in new jersey. all it had to do was come to stanley ny. order some stuff a week ago from washington state and was here in 3 days what gives.

18 minutes ago, Merlot said:

Maybe these delivery companies are just swamped with work...imagine the Christmas season will be problematic too.

Very well could be, so how in the he’ll is USPS going to handle mail in ballots? At this rate we wouldn’t know the out come till next November. 

What I hate is when I pay extra for Fedex or UPS delivery and they take it to the frickin' Post Office.  If I paid extra for UPS it's because I need it ASAP.  I've watched the UPS truck drive by the house on Saturday morning to go drop my package at the Post Office and then not get it until Monday because the mail truck was already out on the route.

• Thanks 1

USPS is a joke. My wife sells used car parts on eBay and usps breaks way more stuff the fedex. When doing damage claims usps can deliver just the label as the have damaged the box that bad and will not reimburse shipping as they got it there. FedEx pays for damaged products and shipping which is great as shipping is sometime more the price of item.

Had the same issues with ups. I ordered bulk mouse traps from victory. It kept saying out for delivery,but took an extra week to get. Not only that it looked like the box got ran over. I contacted them but got the run around,so I picked out the broken traps and sent them back,will se what happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as I'm concerned if it's important or time-sensitive, it doesn't go in the mail. FedEx or UPS only.

USPS tracking is the worst. Someone should tell them how it works. I bought a knife on eBay few months back. Seller shipped it the next day via mail. Tracking showed it shipped. This was coming from Albany to my house in the southern tier. For a month it just showed "shipped", no other activity. Then the knife showed up, box was mangled, but knife and sheath were unscathed. A few days later I thought to see if the tracking had any activity. Nope, still just showed "shipped".

2 hours ago, rob-c said:

Very well could be, so how in the he’ll is USPS going to handle mail in ballots? At this rate we wouldn’t know the out come till next November. 

Agreed about the mail in ballot. nothing but trouble there. Maybe the Bartender from Boston will head up the mail ballot thing from her congressional office....oh boy...

• Like 1

I ordered an item from a business in Charlotte , NC on August 4 . It was shipped that day and turned over to the USPS . I finally received my order on August 22 . It only took 18 days . That's rediculous . A Pony Express Rider could have done better !

• Like 1

Yeah they have been terrible lately. I bought an item off eBay and it eventually gave me a tracking number but when I check it said usps was waiting for the package to arrive at their facility. The seller had to open an investigation and I was in the process of trying to get a refund when the package arrived with zero tracking history. I have another eBay package that hasn’t been updated since Friday so I have no freaking clue where it’s at. But yeah go ahead and vote my mail, a holes

Well I've put a lot of faith in the USPS today.  I am using their Priority Mail Express (I think that's what it was) for an overnight letter to Madison Wisconsin.  I ponied up $26 for the service and they said it'll be at the destination by 3pm.......we'll see.

Over the past 18 years between eBay, the 24HRCampfire and to a much lesser degree this site I've shipped probably 500 packages via USPS.  Not one thing that I can think of didn't make it to it's recipient.  One time I shipped a shotgun barrel to a guy and a month later he called and said WTF, where's my barrel??  I said I'd look into it and a couple days later he called back and said he found it; his secretary put it behind his office door.  :)

Also, I had a PO Box for 30 years and although I got rid of it 5 years ago, I have nothing but positive things to say about the folks in the Getzville, NY office.

• Like 1

Well I've put a lot of faith in the USPS today.  I am using their Priority Mail Express (I think that's what it was) for an overnight letter to Madison Wisconsin.  I ponied up $26 for the service and they said it'll be at the destination by 3pm.......we'll see.
Over the past 18 years between eBay, the 24HRCampfire and to a much lesser degree this site I've shipped probably 500 packages via USPS.  Not one thing that I can think of didn't make it to it's recipient.  One time I shipped a shotgun barrel to a guy and a month later he called and said WTF, where's my barrel??  I said I'd look into it and a couple days later he called back and said he found it; his secretary put it behind his office door. 
Also, I had a PO Box for 30 years and although I got rid of it 5 years ago, I have nothing but positive things to say about the folks in the Getzville, NY office.

You just jinxed yourself

#LessOverzealousMods #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton