Do u guys use Tinks sent bombs during rut

luberhill

I'll be honest, I don't know that I've ever had much success to speak of with any scents. I only call during pre-rut, and have had much more success with rattling/decoy that I ever did with scents....I'm sure there are plenty of success stories though...

• Like 1

Not much success using scents for attracting deer, I’ve had way better luck with a grunt tube getting deer to come in, but that is seeing them a few hundred yards out. Now I’ve had good luck with Deer dander as a cover scent .

i use it at spots that are perennially scrapes and licking branches. Does it work?? dunno but deer seem to investigate it and anything to help them not pay attention to the fat guy in a tree has gotta help. 

There is a dripper in this tree and they seem to like it.  

nice stota buck 2.JPG

Dark knight 2.JPG

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeremy K said:

I stopped using piss ,the only product ive seen work is evercalm

Same. I've never had deer come in where I was confident that it was because of a scent I put out. I have become a faithful user of EverCalm though. I've had deer cross my path within minutes and not spook. 
Have you tried their Rutting Buck or VS-1 products? 

I’ve had good success with mock scrapes tactics. Best luck is taking dirt/ licking branches from other location. I used to get off a relatives non hunt prop. Also have seem to show results from some bought products for scrapes/ drippers.

I’ve had very occasional results from scent drags. More with small bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, Bolt action said:

Same. I've never had deer come in where I was confident that it was because of a scent I put out. I have become a faithful user of EverCalm though. I've had deer cross my path within minutes and not spook. 

I tried the vs-1 for one season and didnt have any results.

• Like 1

If one is playing the wind correctly, its  a very small window where a scent wick could be blowing to a buck while your scent is not.  That's why I think most people that use them see more small bucks than matures.   A drag could help but even then mostly the goal is entrance where you aren't blowing to where you expect the bucks to be coming from.   But to each his own.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

If one is playing the wind correctly, its  a very small window where a scent wick could be blowing to a buck while your scent is not.  That's why I think most people that use them see more small bucks than matures.   A drag could help but even then mostly the goal is entrance where you aren't blowing to where you expect the bucks to be coming from.   But to each his own.

You're making way too much sense, of this scent discussion counselor!

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

Tink's attracts small bucks???  Bingo!  I'm gonna order a gallon! 

• Like 1

Lets just say I wish I had the ~$100s of dollars in my hand that I've spent on OTC and real estrous scents over the years with little to no luck. Exactly what MOOG said, it all depends on the wind &/or if a BB is close enough (down wind) to get a whiff. Same with drag lines. you're just increasing your chances of attracting the attention of a buck with a longer scent spread. If done right and the buck crosses your drag line. If you've used scents successfully, your hooked on them. If not, disaster or frustration fer sure!

• Like 1

Love the vs-1. And had those shit broadheads not bent me over raw. I'd have recovered a forum breaker buck and could have had visual proof for you of the power of the vs-1. But you'll have to take my word. It's phenomenal stuff IMHO. I buy it every year

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 1

I won't use anything thats not all natural. I was looking at a forehead gland scent the other day to see if I could get a mock scrape going in front of a camera for kicks, but the scent didn't smell right. Sure enough, looking on line the "gland" scent contained coconut and cinnamon. Deer got a really picky nose, you can't just introduce foreign scents and expect consistent results, some bucks are going to run from that shit.