LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

I'm off until next Friday starting now! Today's my birthday so the wife made dinner reservations for tonight, and plans tomorrow night but other than that I'll be living in a tree next week, or a life raft, depending how much rain we get...

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I'm off until next Friday starting now! Today's my birthday so the wife made dinner reservations for tonight, and plans tomorrow night but other than that I'll be living in a tree next week, or a life raft, depending how much rain we get...

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

Don't winterize the Tracker just yet.....may need it for this deer season.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Postponed picking up my truck from the shop from this afternoon till Monday , gave mrs nomad instructions on how to finish the pressure canning .

Up in a tree now to give it one more shot for team Nomad !

On joes land they saw 11 this AM .

C41BC90B-6828-4E69-AD18-A8FE0B2418AA.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Fletch said:

1c3164e071d471acb9ae685967990b32.jpg
I’ll post more pics and story later in my journal. Super day, blessed with this chunk!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the great buck.  That looks like a real stout one.  Make sure you get his chest girth measurement.

I got in a tree in a very good looking spot,matter of fact after I stopped to pick out a tree and took the first step I busted some does out of the thick stuff 30 yds away.  Wind was in my favor and they didn't know what I was. 

Got situated and nothing happened,around 5.40 some rain started and I had to pick my wife up at 6.30,so I lowered my bow and got ready to climb down. Right then a deer pops out at 25 yds. A young one and it smelled the ground disturbance from me walking in. So it walks towards my tree,I was afraid it was gonna step on my bow. Instead it jumped back when it got 2 yds from my bow and headed back up the bank.

Her mom was up there and also crossing my approach trail. She got nervous and was at about 40 yds. Now was the time to get my bow back up and I did without them noticing. Then the older doe got curious and also followed my trail towards me. The side they came from was the worst as far as shooting lanes. she got to 6 yds but on my weak side and I had to get the bow over my bridge. I did very slowly and she turned away and stopped at 8 yds. She was almost totally facing away,maybe 160 ° and I had some beech leaves covering the spot I needed to shoot. It was a tough angle,so I waited for her to turn either way but she walked straight away under cover of more branches. 

That was as close as it gets and got the heart pumping. I love bowhunting.

• Like 4