Unofficially....Live from the woods 2021 turkey hunting thread.

Congrats TF n mowin.

Gobbling nonstop 530-545am. At least one maybe two. I’d try to call by holding wood down on call but doesn’t sound great. We’ll see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1
  • Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a very interesting morning. Snuck into woods early. Looked around and said. That doesn't look like a turkey. Yup, it's a bear. 5 seconds later this bear ran straight at me. I can't post the video

7th Day out and,I  am finally on Board!  Had this Field to myself- ( not Stewart).   23lb Gobbler-- 1"+ Sharp Spurs, + a 10" Beard.  Bobbing Hen Decoy was out. Used a " Flydown Fla

Posted Images

New property this morning and as I feared it’s a swamp. I have decent deer season and cam pics to tell me it should be ok... but with any property it’ll take some time to figure out.

Only a few gobbles around 6 and none near me. 1 distant shot to my north and otherwise quiet.

Probably the coldest or at least top 3 mornings of my short career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted (edited)

Trolled about 800 yards south along the side of the hill, nothing.  Dead porky on a logging road.  I'm going to climb out and check on the south fields up top before family obligations set in at 9.  Grat's to TF and Mowin!

IMG_20210501_055051.jpg

IMG_20210501_052411.jpg

Edited by UpStateRedNeck
  • Like 1

Congrats TF and mowin. Damn you guys do some business.  

This spot doesn't have a lot of turkey but all I need is one. Hen Anniston is deployed and fat guy is tucked in the brush. 

IMG_20210501_055758757.jpg

IMG_20210501_055829619.jpg

• Like 4
Way colder & windier than expected . Decided to get into blind out of the wind and drop call. It broke. Not i got nothing lol

2ffc0fc53e2c5e4d11ec609fee67b1d4.jpg

You brought just 1 call!?

Still pretty gusty in 8F, and despite being layered I’ve got a chill setting in. Is this deer season or turkey? Geez...

24e779d64e1957c39b226b4b1cd9f567.pngbce692ffee5e753b1b70707ba9dd3c99.png

Raccoon at 530. Fox at 630. Both under 5 yards. Took video but here’s the screenshots. I think the fox came into my turkey call attempt

• Like 4

You brought just 1 call!?

I didn’t prepare enough with the ones Pygmy gave me so I didn’t feel confident bringing them. I don’t have any other calls. Last year was first time trying Turkey

Let's play find the dead bird! Unreal morning....story to follow. Great morning for my 7 year old to experience the craziness of a Turkey hunt. daaae60ccea51618bf6a09cfa57458d4.jpg

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 18

Had two gobbles of the roost this morning. I had a jake coming in this morning at 20 yards. Jake move away from me and about 30 minutes later someone shoots and five minutes later I see that Jake running at me. I guess the other hunter miss the Jake :) Congratulations to all who are going to get it done this week.  Good luck to all fellow turkey hunter. 

Gah about 3 min after my last post I had a Yelp and cluck real close. Got ready and a hen walks 5 yards in front of the blind. Goes over to one of my hen decoys and noses around a little before silently walking off. No dudes trailing her. Wild.

• Like 1

My buddy is in Naples and this is the first opening day he’s hunted in snow.  He’s not missed an OD since the mid 70’s..........

30A4FB82-6EA3-4240-ADF2-651E128F7C39.jpeg

• Like 4

Just saw one. Heard a gobble at 7 n a few min later saw one way up above me on top of Rock cliffs. Walking couldn’t tell Tom or hen

• Like 4

Friendly dekes in the field here in the Fingerlakes Perhaps Tom will swing by and sit for a spell. 

1024DF49-11DB-41EF-978D-264C536A5223.jpeg

• Like 2