Not a very nice place..

mattypotpie8S

I've just returned to this forum after the little thing in my head said it's time to prepare for bow season. Was excited to see everyone getting prepped  i.e early trail cam pics, food plot talks, new gear, new tactics, new goals and so on.. BUT I guess I've stumbled into a war zone. Can't we all get along?

Well starting a thread calling this , " not a very nice place " isnt much of a bridge builder ......

personally I think it's a great place , met a bunch of great guys all willing to help,out and share . Hunted with some, broke bread with others .

cant help, with cam pics , don't have any out yet, no new goals , don't do bait I mean food plots ( ok,that was to ruffle feathers ) haven't thought about shooting my bow . But I wish you well this season .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mattypotpie8S said:

I've just returned to this forum after the little thing in my head said it's time to prepare for bow season. Was excited to see everyone getting prepped  i.e early trail cam pics, food plot talks, new gear, new tactics, new goals and so on.. BUT I guess I've stumbled into a war zone. Can't we all get along?

Be pretty boring if everyone agreed on everything. Sometimes you may even learn something from someone with a different point of view. Over all, this forum is a gathering place of some really good hunters. And some really good people.  I disagree with your assessment. Just my opinion. But I'll also respect yours. Good luck this hunting season.

• Like 5

We argue often about many different things but I don't think the debates or people who disagree are bad we are just stubborn.  With so many different reasons for hunting and so many varied lands and ways to hunt it is inevitable we will argue.  Each  person will have a different perspective. 

• Like 2

With any difference of opinion, on any website, you will get font sparring. Just like in real life off a device or computer, you will not always like or agree with everyone.
There are some damn good people on this site!
Just get a flak jacket geared at letters and not led.

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Oh give me a break and him credit for being honest on what he saw...Debates are what civil people have and way too many times your so called debates are no better than higb school cafeteria nastiness from grown adults.

For once just be honest about it:rolleyes:

Edited by growalot

50 minutes ago, growalot said:

Oh give me a break and him credit for being honest on what he saw...Debates are what civil people have and way too many times your so called debates are no better than higb school cafeteria nastiness from grown adults.

For once just be honest about it:rolleyes:

If that was aimed at me.........

Really? Seriously? You of all people are going to post this? You aren't always civil or nice. You aren't always an adult in your replies. You trash people the same as most of us. Don't play the princess. 

• Like 1

Ha-ha-ha....... Somebody is shocked and surprised that something like a forum that is for the purpose of expressing opinions sometimes gets a bit spirited? Hunting is one of those things learned from and influenced by friends, relatives, and other close acquaintances as well as our own personal observations. When you start questioning methods, attitudes and beliefs, you are questioning those friends, relatives, and other close acquaintances, where they came from. So you all are surprised when that sort of thing gets a bit heated? You don't need a degree in human behavior to understand that that is going to happen from time to time.

Relax, and try real hard not to take everything so serious and personal. Sometimes the disagreements get a bit harsh, and we do wish that they wouldn't, but understand that hunting can be a very personal thing to us, and once in a while things get a bit out of hand ...... so what? War zone??? That is overstating things considerably. Keep these internet forums in perspective and save your angst and distress for some real, in-life hardships and real life experiences and conflicts.

• Like 1

Rob ,take that as personal as you wish,it was aimed at everyone  with the " we're the nicest people in the world bs" Thats not the case and all ANYONE has to do is look through years of " debates " The issue I have is the refusal of people to look at it. Now as far as that feeble " I'll get you attack" you just did. Where did I disclude myself in that. I can give as well as I get.

Edited by growalot

I actually feel that the forums on this website are a very nice place, with an occasional jackass that has to sound in. I have both given and received some very good advice to and from other hunters on the forums over the years. I have never been attacked by anyone and am quite pleased with the very many likes I have received to my posts. I make sure to stay away from the Politics Discussions as I know that is asking for trouble. This is my favorite hunting website as I have been an avid hunter here in New York State for over 50 years now, and enjoy sharing information and stories with other New York hunters.

valoroutdoors.com

• Like 2

The OP is most likely referring to the personal attacks, which run rampant on this, and many other forums.  As a Bible-thumping meat-hunter, I have been attacked here plenty, by both trophy hunters and by folks who believe that Jesus Christ has no place on a hunting forum.   I appreciate that the moderators let those attacks go mostly unchecked.   Those personal attacks always show me that what we have here is a "target-rich" environment, when it comes to lost souls.

I can't think of many pursuits, except maybe fishing, that position folks better to absorb God's grace than hunting.   If those lost folks would consider putting Jesus Christ first, who happens to control the fate of all living things (including animals and fish), they might be surprised at how much better their hunting gets.  Regular (daily) Bible reading is a good place to start.  Doing things for others, and putting their needs ahead of your own, is a good way to continue.   Skipping a few Sunday morning hunts for a Church service with your family is also not such a bad idea.    

p.s. I do not refer to "trophy-hunters" as "lost" .   It is ok with me for folks to hunt for different reasons.   I appreciate them especially, because the smaller-antlered and younger deer that they pass may very well be the ones that the Good Lord blesses my family with.   Happy hunting everyone.  

• Like 1

I'm going to disagree with the OP's premise. There's a ton of activity in this forum compared to many other forums on the internet. I see (and sometimes participate in) the threads that get a little testy, but that's got to be 1% of the total posts. 

Debate is healthy, and disagreements aren't bad, everyone has different thought, styles, and principles. That keeps it interesting and I always try to learn from different viewpoints.

And for the 1% of the posts that go off the rails? Well, I do enjoy some popcorn occasionally.

All in all, a pretty decent forum, with a pretty decent membership!

• Like 6

I like to think of this forum like the Toby Keith song "I love this bar" we have all types and none of us get along all the time. There is a couple on here I wish would keep they're booger pickers of the keys from time to time but for the most part we have a good bunch around here. We all argue about different things on here because most of us have been at this for a while and it's human nature to think your way is the best.

Occasionally we get a new A$$hole but they usually get the boot after a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

this is a great place we disagree but let me tell you the kind of people are on here my friend died and people i didnt know sent me condolences. when i ask for help or a question they are right there for me. i hooked up with a few hunting on long island and @ the archery range one guy was asking if anyone had deer meat he never had it and wanted to try it so i meet him and gave him a small roast and some stew meat.we are always here to help we are like family and like famlies we argue and disagree. oh and when its my birthday i always get happy birthday's from guys i didnt even know thats what makes it a great place and has me coming back

• Like 5

Like everyone has said, we don't all agree all the time...but then again who does? Families don't get along all the time. Generally we  have a really solid group of guys that are always here to help each other. I still believe this is one of the best state specific forums and one of the best hunting forums out there. 

• Like 1

Where else can you pound on each other in the poltical section, then share a beer in another while compairing fish stories in a third... And like most big families squabbling goes on the when someone comes in and starts a post on why we cant get along everyone groups together as a happy group! Just a good time, and you learn something new everyday!!! Like I never new Wolc123 was a bible thumper!!! Meet you somethime in Gods biggest church... The great outdoors!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 6