burmjohn

LIVE From The Woods 2018 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

Sitting in 7F thick stuff.   Season winding down.  Just glad to say I was able to get out this year. 

Was a great year.  I’m still here and hunting when a year ago that couldn’t be a given. 

Enjoyed a bow hunt in Kansas that messed up my NY hunting for a couple weeks.  Hunted hard last weekend and back at it again today and tomorrow. 

I firmly believe that once we muddle through the nonsense our biggest issue is access.  Finding quality hunting properties is very difficult.  And expensive    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, grampy said:

My hunting partner just told me of an elderly neighbor who doesn't have enough firewood. So instead of hunting with our smoke poles, we will be cutting firewood off the farm this weekend instead. 

Edited by ny hunter
Messed up
  • Like 2

She’s awake ! 95913d933d10d74dd260ef6a19da6479.jpg&key=b8bec4c4bb33ec558d0fbcb13d20165b17262e7aa5ea9687d354510885339893

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My bet is not for long! Her history makes it a home run bet in Vegas!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Well calling it.  Walked all the usual places and a few that aren’t typical.   Not a deer pushed up.  I think they and I need a 10 month rest.  

Merry Christmas all!    On to squirrels and yotes.   

• Like 7

This season is the worst for me,i wounded another deer yesterday. When it rains it pours. 

Tracked it over three different properties until i got to one i can't track on. I jumped her once,no shot.

Worst season ever,aside from my first where i got nothing,but at least i didn't hurt anything besides my ego either then.

I might go out Monday or Tuesday,or maybe quit while i am behind.

Edited by BowmanMike

44 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

This season is the worst for me,i wounded another deer yesterday. When it rains it pours. 

Tracked it over three different properties until i got to one i can't track on. I jumped her once,no shot.

Worst season ever,aside from my first where i got nothing,but at least i didn't hurt anything besides my ego either then.

Mistakes happen bud. If you have wounded 2, and it is not your zero, odds are your next opportunity will net a clean kill!

Haven't been out in 10 days. Was planning on going out this afternoon and tomorrow morning but hemming and hawing about it trying to get motivated. Then I let the dog out, and I hear that they're finally cutting the corn in the field that the wooded part of my property wraps around on two sides. I'm suddenly motivated!!

Edited by Steuben Jerry

Would rather miss and eat tag soup or get no shots at all than wound. As far as ranking bad seasons go anyhow.

Sounds like you did your best to recover and that’s all that really counts in my book.

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching, even when the wrong thing is legal"

-Aldo Leopold 

2 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Same guy has shot 4x starting st 7:16.  Sounds like feeding single rounds into a slug gun 

Bout the same here. Two shots on the property line.  Took a walk to see if someone on lease but never saw anyone.  Neighbors are hunting on both sides.  Hard to tell where a one lone shot is exactly.  But def muzzleloader and then a follow shot 10 min later. One neighbor hunts his back yard in a tower on the property line. Think it was him.  

Maybe go back out this pm. Not sure. Not as motivated but will miss it by next weekend.  

1 hour ago, Arcade Hunter said:

Beautiful morning!

15448800152578174146878935635586.jpg

Hey Chris whats on the other end of that ramrod? Sod just got the same one and its just a threaded hole, seemed strange to me that it didnt have an attachment for seating the bullet but nothing it came with fits through the rings

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

Just a disaster of a morning! Up at 4:30 and get geared up drive 50 minutes to the island. Flip the river is flooded and can’t drive in. Did not expect that. Takes an hour to drive around other bridge..... f that next spot is Tully also an hour. So pull in to there at a crisp 7:50 am

No sense sitting so trying to work up a deer now
Still some snow here.

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

And a special congrats to the deer that outsmarted us!

Not too difficult with me :rolleyes:

• Haha 1