fasteddie

LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

what property is that?

One that I hunt  not well  known and I'm keeping it that away even if it sucks this year so far . 

Edited by Hunter007
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Want to borrow my snowmobile so you can get out for muzzleloader, you’re more than welcome to use it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a nice offer! Thanks so much my friend! But I'll decline.

If I do go out for muzzleloader, I have a spot on the south end of our property, I can get to with snowshoes. South facing slope with thick pines, on the bottom. With an abundant oak ridge still loaded with acorns above. This spot has produced over and over again in late season, over the decades.

• Like 1

What a nice offer! Thanks so much my friend! But I'll decline.
If I do go out for muzzleloader, I have a spot on the south end of our property, I can get to with snowshoes. South facing slope with thick pines, on the bottom. With an abundant oak ridge still loaded with acorns above. This spot has produced over and over again in late season, over the decades.

If you change hour mind or need it for dragging it’s yours to use, for a cup of coffee I’ll even deliver.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, cynthiafu said:

So I have not been out last couple of days . My husband is in the hospital he has a blockage . So the first day he was like I am shocked your here and not out hunting lolol. Hopefully  he comes.home Tomorrow  so I can get out there and fill a tag . I have to stop pushing to others and get.mine first lolol

hoping for good news. plenty of time to hunt in the future. family first.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Upper Hudson River Valley QDMA

33 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I still have two new hunters to get on a deer!  I hope the deer cooperate.  One more sit each.

mines been out for two sits. to say i'm not worried is an understatement. had a deer the first sit at 50 yards but couldn't seal the deal. even with everything going on i'm hoping i can get him out this weekend. gotta get the smoke pole ready i think. in case this pushes into late season.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

mines been out for two sits. to say i'm not worried is an understatement. had a deer the first sit at 50 yards but couldn't seal the deal. even with everything going on i'm hoping i can get him out this weekend. gotta get the smoke pole ready i think. in case this pushes into late season.

The QDMA guy had two great opportunities on nice bucks but couldn't seal the deal.  We sat twice so far, including all day on opener.  Is what it is.  Going to try once more. 

The other is a new hunter that works with me and was promised by a buddy to take him out.  Hasn't happened, so I offered to try to get him out.  We shall see.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, moog5050 said:

The QDMA guy had two great opportunities on nice bucks but couldn't seal the deal.  We sat twice so far, including all day on opener.  Is what it is.  Going to try once more. 

The other is a new hunter that works with me and was promised by a buddy to take him out.  Hasn't happened, so I offered to try to get him out.  We shall see.

they're still finding it worth it and enjoyable but we both know success will get set the hook much deeper. lol it ain't over until it's over. worse case is i still send him home with some venison as a participation prize.

• Like 3

Made it out for a morning sit in the same area as yesterday afternoon. Tracks everywhere that were not there when I left at dark. To add insult to injury three deer actually came up the hill last night and walked in the exact same track I took on the way out:banghead: Pretty frustrating to say the least. They have been hitting the beech nuts and acorns big time.

IMG_20191205_092551.jpg

IMG_20191205_092520.jpg

IMG_20191205_092349_1CS.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dbHunterNY said:

they're still finding it worth it and enjoyable but we both know success will get set the hook much deeper. lol it ain't over until it's over. worse case is i still send him home with some venison as a participation prize.

Hey ,hey ,hey, this is deer hunting we don’t give out participation trophy’s here 

just kidding,  best of luck...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, rob-c said:

Hey ,hey ,hey, this is deer hunting we don’t give out participation trophy’s here 

just kidding,  best of luck...

actually the participation prize is my sled taking him up the hill versus making him walk through at least a couple miles of 2+' deep snow and about 500' of elevation change. lol

• Like 1

Brother and his friend are at my cabin. Be there until Sunday hope they get some action. About 8 inches in Howard. 

"We Feed 'em"

"He Breeds 'em"

Legends Lodge, "Where Legends are born"

Live from the front porch. Approximately  25 yards. Two youngsters trying to scavenge from under my apple trees. Only youngsters are this foolish this time of the year. 

86A36EA0-6F6A-4A5C-9632-69FD764C4032.jpeg

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, 46rkl said:

Live from the front porch. Approximately  25 yards. Two youngsters trying to scavenge from under my apple trees. Only youngsters are this foolish this time of the year. 

86A36EA0-6F6A-4A5C-9632-69FD764C4032.jpeg

Young and dumb, we’ve all been there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Enders said:

I hear you man, thanks for the post. I did take the liver and heart with me, I cant wait to get the meat back I keep hearing good things!

It's like part carne and part chivo.

NRA Lifetime member.

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." - Native American Indian Proverb

"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am" - Toby & Eileen Green

Had my first ever jury summons this week and was called to go in today. Even got picked for the first group of 14. I’m not sure what I said but I was released. Took that as a sign to hunt the lake effect snow storm in 8F.

Love snow camo
34787196ac9ff8642e06df1e2710d9b3.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching, even when the wrong thing is legal"

-Aldo Leopold 

Just now, Belo said:

Had my first ever jury summons this week and was called to go in today. Even got picked for the first group of 14. I’m not sure what I said but I was released. Took that as a sign to hunt the lake effect snow storm in 8F.

Love snow camo

Shoot a buck!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Belo said:

Love snow camo

No orange at all?  no chance any hunters are near you ? 

On 12/3/2019 at 11:00 PM, Enders said:

I got my hunting license at the end of October, went out on 5 hunts before this one and today with the help of friends I got a button buck which I thought was a doe so I took it. Even though I hate the idea of taking such a young buck I can’t take it back so here he is. My fist deer ever. It was a hell of a hike and a grueling hike back. Until next season. 

15B26E63-65CF-4ACB-B1ED-02713FAC72B4.jpeg

Congratulations! Don't feel bad at all.  Any deer taken on public land from the ground is a trophy for sure. Hopefully you also learned in the process since you are new to the sport. Each time I go out, I learn something new. To me, that's the most fun about it all. Enjoy that meat!

• Like 1

Eat it's nutsack![mention=5805]wolc123[/mention] has some good recipes

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Don’t think we eat the sack... but the nuts yes

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching, even when the wrong thing is legal"

-Aldo Leopold 

No orange at all?  no chance any hunters are near you ? 

If you shoot 25’ up in a tree I’m not sure orange would matter. Even states with mandatory orange laws don’t require it 12’ and up

• Like 1

-Aldo Leopold 

17 minutes ago, Belo said:

If you shoot 25’ up in a tree I’m not sure orange would matter. Even states with mandatory orange laws don’t require it 12’ and up

FYI - deer don't see orange. it's brown. It's the best camo you can wear

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Belo said:

Yea I guess until  you come down  what about the walk in and out ,Still a chance .

Unless you are really remote somewhere. Just a hat always good to have at least . 

Say you fall and break a leg or something  or some other health  issue and are unconscious and they have to come looking for you  dressed  in all  camo it's just going to be much harder for them to find you then having some orange on.

All ways good to have some on you.

Edited by Hunter007
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Belo said:

Love snow camo

I have been selected to 3 Jurys so far. The last one, I got selected as a alternate and had to sit in front.  It was mid- May and after a hard Turkey Hunt-- well, I must have nodded off. Judge let me go. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When I hunt the afternoon I always set the alarm on my phone for the end up legal shooting time. Went out this afternoon and sat through the swirling winds and blowing snow until dark(legal). I packed  my stuff up and headed out, go about 25 yards from where I was sitting and see two deer about 60 yards away. I head their way and drop down into a little dip and when I come up there they are broadside 50 yards away. Couldn't see any horns but I have two doe tags for that area.

I pull the gun up and can see them clear as day through the scope. I look at my watch and it is just about  nine minutes after legal so I lower the gun and  watch them feed for a little bit then mosey on down the hill to my truck. First deer I have seen in fourteen days.

With only three days left I know I did the right thing and will just have to take my chances for the remainder of the season.

IMG_20191205_145301.jpg

• Like 14

A short sit on stand this morning.  Filled my 7M doe tag.  Deer tracks were everyplace I looked on my way to my stand, and all around my stand as well. Something has them on their feet. My sits have been few in number and pretty short in length with a severe respiratory infection kicking my rear almost all gun season. I'll put story on harvest thread tomorrow. I'm calling it a day, a good but tiring one at that. 

• Like 10