LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Well, snow to rain to snow to grapple. That’s why I’m heading for the hunting hut. Nice views from here and dry!

Look closely if you want a laugh. I built the wall panels separately and moved them out of the barn to paint. The paint job came out fine but when we put it all together in the field, my buddies immediately noticed that my trees were all upside down! Ah well. Warm and dry. 

6273F080-5015-457F-9EDD-11AFF6C3E704.jpeg

image.jpg

• Like 12

14 minutes ago, 46rkl said:

Well, snow to rain to snow to grapple. That’s why I’m heading for the hunting hut. Nice views from here and dry!

Look closely if you want a laugh. I built the wall panels separately and moved them out of the barn to paint. The paint job came out fine but when we put it all together in the field, my buddies immediately noticed that my trees were all upside down! Ah well. Warm and dry. 

image.jpg

Looks like a nice spot and a good stand!

15 minutes ago, 46rkl said:

image.jpg

Somebody linked a study in my ground blind thread, that you could paint a blind hot pink, the animals don't care.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, 46rkl said:

image.jpg

The deer don't care and I have to say that's the BEST camo'd in box blind I have ever seen! Nice job and good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My girlfriend thinks I’ve lost it. Bailed out of work a couple of hours early, plowed the driveway, loaded the wood stove, and now I’m sitting in a tree overlooking a small turnip patch. I’m armed with nothing but my phone and video camera. I’ve been seeing a good buck but I don’t have a tag. I really just enjoy this more and more as I get older!

image.jpg

• Like 13

Went for a creep around the woods today with my camera, didn't bring a gun because I don't need another deer. I found some deer and got in pretty close, still not positive how many were there but several does and a few bucks. Conditions weren't great for photography and these pics aren't good by any means but pretty neat. The buck on the right was a 2 yr old 6 pt out to his ears. IMG_8893.jpgIMG_8890.jpg

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 16

2 hours ago, 46rkl said:

image.jpg

Can I borrow that for tomorrow's hunt :)

looks  good enough to me .

Edited by Hunter007

I thought I would change things up and take the rifle for a walk instead of the shotgun. Cold day to sit in a tree with a nw wind and a steady snow. Heard a few shots off in the distance but didn't see any deer (of course).

Back at it tomorrow on the ground an hope guys are out moving them around.

IMG_20191206_150711.jpg

IMG_20191206_150753.jpg

8 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Ok I must be a lousy mentor.  Swing and a clean miss at a doe at 60yds by the new hunter.  Seemed calm at shot.  Doe kicked but no hair or blood.   Followed trail for several hundred yards.  Nada.   Ugghh.  

That's weird,kicked and no hair or blood? Very curious,it doesn't seem kicking would help her get outta there.

7 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Ok I must be a lousy mentor.  Swing and a clean miss at a doe at 60yds by the new hunter.  Seemed calm at shot.  Doe kicked but no hair or blood.   Followed trail for several hundred yards.  Nada.   Ugghh.  

Can you mentor me Moog?  I have never shot a deer (in NY) either.  I won't let you down with the rifle, muzzleloader or Xbow!:derisive:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

That's weird,kicked and no hair or blood? Very curious,it doesn't seem kicking would help her get outta there.

I was sure she was hit from reaction but tracks were clear in snow and not a drop or hair.   I was surprised too.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Chef said:

Ny sucks I doubt many here would have faulted you for pulling the trigger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are probably right but unfortunately I still have to see myself when I look in the mirror. If I shoot one I want to feel good about it:yes:

• Like 1

Back at it today, went back to area between beds and feeding area and sat still still 11am, finally got up and could see from tracks they had already passed (had to be before sunrise). Still not so great on ID'ing buck vs doe from tracks, but location of piss in relation to tracks one seemed to be a doe. 

Went back to truck and warmed up and ate lunch the  tried another area, sat still for 4 hours straight in a other area where they have been digging in  the leaves/acorns. Didnt see a thing and wind/snow was brutal but was in a good position and wind was in my favor. 

Didnt see many fresh tracks today (compared to yesterday) but didnt cover to much ground.

20191206_131615.thumb.jpg.db519849355b138464091d44d9dc54fb.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

That’s a wrap on my regular season.  Daughter has Nutcracker performance with a lead so I can’t miss that. Freezing rain n sleet now to drive home in.  

There’s my hunting buddy as dew drop   and snow fairy. Her last nutcracker as will be going to college 

87E29BFE-EF34-4FB4-84B1-8F381DDC5111.png

E415EA65-1DDD-46EF-9D4A-7C754A61CF20.png

• Like 22

Up drinking coffee before hour drive to the farm.  VT muzzleloader starts today.  Last hurrah.  Hopefully the newer snow will help with the old crunchy snow.  I will sit a couple hours, then go look at tracks and maybe check a couple cameras.  

My buddy has too many other obligations, so I'm on a solo mission.  Nothing new there.  Good luck to everyone headed out this weekend.

Up and at em, Atom Ant. Prob too old for some. Coffee, shower, then off to the creek bed. Hoping to get it done today. Anything without spots is in trouble. Let too much meat walk by this year. Not today!
Good luck to all the hearty. It’s cold out lol.
Any trip you come back from was a success!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2