The Jerkman

LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

On 10/25/2020 at 9:35 AM, doebuck1234 said:

60 yards and piled up 30 yards behind cousin.by far biggest buck!

imagejpeg_125.jpg

Buddy of mine came over after work 2 days ago n did a rough score.came up with 118.875"..deff expecting that number to change but regardless happy as heck still and still dont believe it.hoping to get out this weekend in hopes to get dad or cousin on first buck!

Good luck to those in the woods this afternoon!!!

Edited by doebuck1234
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, doebuck1234 said:

Buddy of mine came over after work 2 days ago n did a rough score.came up with 118.875"..deff expecting that number to change but regardless happy as heck still and still dont believe it.hoping to get out this weekend in hopes to get dad or cousin on first buck!

Nice! seems about right. solid mass, good beams, tines, and even brows along with a nice spread

• Like 1

1 hour ago, doebuck1234 said:

Looks right.  Very nice buck. 

• Like 1

3S - making my post now before i leave the house. 53 degrees, west wind. rain just stopped. feel very deeeeeeeeery. Tomorrow another 1 inch of rain coming, followed by cold snap with first frost/snow on friday. tonight could be the night? @crappyice will be roughly 1.2 miles to my north. I will check cam and hopefully sitting by 4pm with a 554pm sunset.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Looks right.  Very nice buck. 

He's heading to the taxi this afternoon.will be my first mount :taunt::taunt:

• Like 9

Wish I had chosen different boots. These squeak at the slightest drag on the slightly wet tree stand. Have to remember to lift my feet and not shuffle if I need to change footing.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Looking good for afternoon set. Here comes the sun. 

image.jpg

21 minutes ago, cdbing said:

Wish I had chosen different boots. These squeak at the slightest drag on the slightly wet tree stand. Have to remember to lift my feet and not shuffle if I need to change footing.

Some moleskin glued to the stand will fix that.

"Reaching out for the hand of God but did you think you'd shake your own!" - #8

I predict @Biz-R-OWorld shoots a nice buck today

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 2

Just got permission to hunt a 7 acre piece of private with 6 of the 7 wooded and surrounded by preserve. Only house on this side of the road and the home owner (sister in law’s Aunt) says she sees what she believes is a 12 pointer come out and nibble her bushes in the back of the grassy area on a regular basis. Her grandfather used to own the entire piece and they all (including her father and uncles) hunted back there and they always got nice deer. She is the 3rd gen to own this property. The fam sold off the large piece to the town back in the 60s or something. Hasn’t been hunted since the 80s. I feel like I won the lottery! Gonna scout Saturday afternoon and hang a stand. Hunt it Sunday morning. Did I mention its within a half hour form home? TOTALLY STOKED!!

• Like 18

I fully support PETA!!

People Eating Tasty Animals

5 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Just got permission to hunt a 7 acre piece of private with 6 of the 7 wooded and surrounded by preserve. Only house on this side of the road and the home owner (sister in law’s Aunt) says she sees what she believes is a 12 pointer come out and nibble her bushes in the back of the grassy area on a regular basis. Her grandfather used to own the entire piece and they all (including her father and uncles) hunted back there and they always got nice deer. She is the 3rd gen to own this property. The fam sold off the large piece to the town back in the 60s or something. Hasn’t been hunted since the 80s. I feel like I won the lottery! Gonna scout Saturday afternoon and hang a stand. Hunt it Sunday morning. Did I mention its within a half hour form home? TOTALLY STOKED!!

That sounds awesome. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

Out in my oak tree ground blind with my (Hopefully) lucky arrow!  My brother is just down the road at our parents...looks like he was a little too slow getting to his spot!

6D2DA984-B9D2-43E2-B884-D56EB36767B2.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, dinorocks said:

Out in my oak tree ground blind with my (Hopefully) lucky arrow!  My brother is just down the road at our parents...looks like he was a little too slow getting to his spot!

Now thats a kick in the goody bag.  Damn.  That felt like my last season. 

2 minutes ago, dinorocks said:

He hD to of passed him somewhere . Thats close

Man are the deer moving . I have had 31 pictures in the last 1.5 hours. All does and fawns . Feeding on the clover.

3S management program. I nudged two doe right off the parking area ( or was it Biz’s horn wailing salute!) upon arrival and slipped in above them . Hoping they are still “ on grass” because they should loop right around before dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I’m for the Pm in my blind on the edge of the swamp 662b0fb8e0ad9e081f96df40a5c30bc6.jpg

• Like 2

Up and at em. Hung up two scrape droppers on my mocks down by the edge an tower. The one had been freshened. No pic as I had to pull cam earlier. Stupid cabellas cam with card only works in that cam not other cards. Thing pizzed me off. I have 6 different brands that all work fine with any cards and Cabellas gotta play azzhole.

Anytime you want company hit me up. I'm close by.

• Thanks 1

Just had a big doe (by my standards) and fawn come by at a trot, stop at 25-30 yards, stop and make a u turn. I guess she caught just enough of my scent. They were both very light colored compared to what I've been seeing.

• Like 1

Now thats a kick in the goody bag.  Damn.  That felt like my last season. 

Even I felt that familiar pain from the kick. Ouch.

• Like 1