Last meal....

Robhuntandfish

Venison cutlets seared rare, Silver queen corn on the cob...steamed...STEAMED DAMMIT no more than 4 minutes, Columbus bakery flat bread still warm from the oven, two lobster tails broiled, a dozen raw Chesapeake bay oysters with just a touch of lemon, fresh cucumber and onion in sour cream/malted vinegar dressing. Two Bass ales in frosted glass (fresh frosted glass for each,) with two Guiness following. Finish with double Woodford Reserve bourbon neat....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Give me a homemade sauce (not gravy) with meatballs, sausage and pork, cheese raviolis and some garlic bread.   A little tiramisu to finish.   I am Italian through and through I guess.

That's my meal too, except for Rhubarb pie with vanilla ice cream in place of tiramisu.....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

Traditional  Thanksgiving Dinner with my secret family famous Sweet Potato Casserole. 

Bill, 

I will trade you my Mother's meatball recipe  (PS - today is her birthday) for that secret family famous sweet potato casserole......my daughter pretty much only eats that at Thanksgiving, does not care for any of the other plates. 

• Like 1

Just now, crappyice said:

Borgattis must be on your list if you have not been there - Arthur Ave, Bronx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not been to Arthur Ave at all - sad but true.....  someday soon I hope! 

1 hour ago, Daveboone said:

Venison cutlets seared rare, Silver queen corn on the cob...steamed...STEAMED DAMMIT no more than 4 minutes, Columbus bakery flat bread still warm from the oven, two lobster tails broiled, a dozen raw Chesapeake bay oysters with just a touch of lemon, fresh cucumber and onion in sour cream/malted vinegar dressing. Two Bass ales in frosted glass (fresh frosted glass for each,) with two Guiness following. Finish with double Woodford Reserve bourbon neat....

Holy CRAP, Batman.....I might even give up Wendy Nichols at 19 for that  !!

Well played, Dave... Hehehe...

• Like 1

2-3 dozen fine raw oysters on the half shell

A top quality 20 oz NYStrip

A dozen of those huge tiger shrimp on the grill.

Sweet potato fry poutine with bout a half pound of real bacon on top

A slice of NYC cheesecake

A 12 pack sampler of Prison City Beer

2 fingers of Vanilla Crown over a ice square

Then hit me in the back of the head with a sledge as to not mess up the smile on my face!

And I hope you have a stroke digging a hole for my fat ass after all that food for hitting me in the head with a hammer!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Merlot said:

Grandma's Liver dumpling soup...Man-o-man, was that good stuff...

This what I was my thinking. My grandmother's pierogies. Sitting at her table as a kid, watching her prepare them. Her hands so calloused that she could pull the boiling pot of water off the stove without oven mitts. The simmering frying pan of butter reduced onions that she would ladle over the dumplings on my plate. I've had fancier but never better.

That would be a good moment to relive at the end.

5 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Love homemade rhubarb pie too.   

Of course.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Daveboone said:

Not to side bar the original thread, but what have you always craved after being in the backwoods/ away from home, etc. for a week? We are always craving 1) milk, 2) a good salad, 3) Pizza.

Stuffed cabbage made with ground venison, and Genny light.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I eat a Bastille Day menu with all the various wines to go with each course.  That meal starts in morning and goes late into night.

Wolc

I worked near the Genny plant for 25 years.  I knew what they were making and what stage in was in by the smell as I drove passed. 

Genny Light????  :stink:

Well, at least it wasn't Genny Cream

On 3/1/2022 at 7:07 AM, Robhuntandfish said:

ok off season topic and im sick of politics. 

If you had one meal left, anything you want, what is it? 

Im going cast iron wild Brook Trout cooked with bacon, utica greens, home fries and smoked sausage with eggs over. Large cup of  irish coffee to wash it down.   

I’m going to Masa in NYC for sushi !

450.00 per person but hey , who cares

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Daveboone said:

Not to side bar the original thread, but what have you always craved after being in the backwoods/ away from home, etc. for a week? We are always craving 1) milk, 2) a good salad, 3) Pizza.

I used to hunt my buddy Shauns place and once or twice a season Id come out of the woods and hed have venison stroganoff over egg noodles waiting, I couldnt imagine anything better at the time. Hed also make sausage biscuits and gravy occasionally. Hes a phenomenal cook

• Like 3

When my Dad couldn't really hunt anymore he stayed at camp and made dinner. My brother and I hiked about 10 miles in the dacks hunting. We got back to camp and he made venison stew with wild mushrooms he picked earlier in the fall all on the wood stove. It was the best meal I've ever had.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 3