Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

And state land bingo
45 minutes of legal left I hear something behind me. Flipping hunter. Really 5pm oy vey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear you, I had one walk up behind me and waived him off. Then 20 minutes later I had another which I tried to wave off but he wanted to talk, no big deal he was a friendly guy like most but then proceeded to walk through the area I was hunting and in the direction I was facing. Yup feels like gun season already with the amount of people hunting.

• Like 1

My sit was uneventful until 5.15.That is when I heard commotion in the woods and some deer busted across the little creek,about 100 yds from me. I was hoping that was because of some chasing. I got the doe bleat out and bleated a couple of times,and waited.

Eventually the deer circled back and I got to take a close look. Two small does first,then a big one. I decided to shoot her given a chance. She crossed 15 yds from me but the second trunk of the pine tree i sat in was in the way. Now another deer follows,a button buck. The big doe keeps moving slowly,and two more deer follow,also young does. She still doesn't present a shot,branches in the way. I hear one more deer,hoping for a buck. And it was!!! Let's call him Mr. Spindle Spike.

So back to the doe, she never presented a good shot opportunity,so she gets to live on. Was a pretty exciting end to the afternoon though.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

One of my hunting buddies a few hundred yards away just had the stand he was in give out and his safety harness caught him. Thank goodness he’s ok. 

8998581E-ED7B-478D-BF52-9C64F47B129F.jpeg

That makes for an exciting hunt. I am hunting private land this year and there is a hang-on in an amazing spot but it's been there so long the thing has totally grown into the tree, including the climbing sticks. I got in it today and jumped up and down and it holds,  but I hate how old it is and rusty. I got back down and back up to a tree 10 yards away in my climber. I trust the climber entirely.

• Like 1