Staying home for New Years or party hardy

rob-c

We plan to travel to celebrate New Year's Eve --- traveling about 100 yards to a neighbor's house . 

I don't like to drive anywhere to celebrate . I don't drink but have had some close calls on the roads from those that do drink . I don't want to be a statistic !

• Like 1

I spent a lot of years as a part-time musician, and New Years eve was generally just another work night. It was usually fun, and I miss the extra money. I also miss meeting my friend Jenny at Anacone's Inn on Bailey Ave at 3 in the morning on Jan 1st every year, but that's a separate story.

• Like 1

Stay at home .....

In the past did it all, from high school parties, dinner dates , friends homes , hotel packages . Honestly it's no big deal to me anymore.

Im just glad I'm not  working nights , man that sucks , run all night and the drunks are more drunk .

One NYE we had a house fire where 3 kids died , the medical examiner was tied up and the drunken neighbors were pissed that the bodies were just under a tarp in the yard.

So they got the ambulance to take them to our firehouse where me and another guy , put a trap down and layed them on our floor , till the M.E. could get them .  That's about my strongest New Years memeory .

2 hours ago, Storm914 said:

What nobody going to try and jump  off the new Mario Cuomo Bridge aka the new Tappan Zee 

This year .

That use be a popular things to do around this time of year.

:taunt:

I nominate his son Andrew.  He should do it to honor his old man.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Stay at home .....
In the past did it all, from high school parties, dinner dates , friends homes , hotel packages . Honestly it's no big deal to me anymore.
Im just glad I'm not  working nights , man that sucks , run all night and the drunks are more drunk .
One NYE we had a house fire where 3 kids died , the medical examiner was tied up and the drunken neighbors were pissed that the bodies were just under a tarp in the yard.
So they got the ambulance to take them to our firehouse where me and another guy , put a trap down and layed them on our floor , till the M.E. could get them .  That's about my strongest New Years memeory .

Holy $hit...that is the most horrible buzz kill I have ever read
Any-who...I’m hunting the pm in 3S (still need to harvest a doe to stay in my management program) then it’s a night of deep fried food, Honeymooners marathon and Minute to Win It challenges with the kids. New Year Day is Chinese food with Mom, Sister and family and an aunt of mine. Reminds us of A Christmas Story Christmas dinner after the dogs crush the turkey!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, philoshop said:

I spent a lot of years as a part-time musician, and New Years eve was generally just another work night. It was usually fun, and I miss the extra money. I also miss meeting my friend Jenny at Anacone's Inn on Bailey Ave at 3 in the morning on Jan 1st every year, but that's a separate story.

I too spent more than a few New Years eve's, behind a mic and a six or a 12 string, being entertained by drunken revelers.  The one that stands out most, was in the late 70's, playing a sorority house party, in Charleston SC. Let me tell ya, THAT was entertaining! The one where a drunk fell into my mic stand, and chipped my front tooth was not so entertaining though......  

• Like 1

Staying at home continuing our not so new tradition. We make homemade pizza with the kids early then have a little dance party with them and I play DJ taking song requests. Sometime around 9:30-10 we youtube last years ball drop and celebrate the new year with them. After they are in bed I cook up some really nice appetizers and make a couple of drinks for the wife and I to enjoy. Depending on how tired we are depends on how many times we refill our glass and how late we stay up.