LIVE From The Woods 2018 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

burmjohn

Well it was a good safe season for everyone here which is great. Most had some successful hunts and filled the freezers up. I had many opportunities to punch a tag on some fine looking doe and came close to tagging a couple nice bucks (less than 8pts gets a free pass). With our sons playing on 2 spring baseball teams and his summer multi state travel baseball team dinners at home will be few and far between so I don't really need much deer meat. Now it's time to focus on habitat projects as much as possible with the little free time I have. January starts Sat & Sunday baseball practices along with basketball games. Congrats to all who punched a tag!

Edited by zag
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, E J said:

So... It wasn't last minute but it was last afternoon. Me and five other people did some pushing today. We saw deer on every push which I thought was pretty good. On the last one of the day before taking our evening watches I got this buck. We had a ton of fun and this really made the day. Nine pointer with a couple small kickers near the bases. 18 1/2 inch inside spread. My best buck to date.

KIMG0292.JPG

And a good looking shot!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, E J said:

So... It wasn't last minute but it was last afternoon. Me and five other people did some pushing today. We saw deer on every push which I thought was pretty good. On the last one of the day before taking our evening watches I got this buck. We had a ton of fun and this really made the day. Nine pointer with a couple small kickers near the bases. 18 1/2 inch inside spread. My best buck to date.

KIMG0292.JPG

Way to finish!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, E J said:

KIMG0292.JPG

Way to go! Beautiful last day buck! Congratulations! 

No matter if we killed a deer or not, seems like most all of us had a great deer season! And learned something that will make us better hunters next year!

For me, it's on to learning how to handload. Some predator and small game hunting with my grandson, and crow hunting with Buckmaster7600!

• Like 1

KIMG0292.thumb.JPG.e95789bcbab3e54bf7fe54a0245fcb56.JPG

Well done!!! Capped a season nicely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, E J said:

KIMG0292.JPG

Nice buck congrats.  Best buck on the last day is a great story.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

The Fat Lady has sung and is in her dressing room eating Bonbons..........

It sure looks like lots of guys scored and a couple ladies too, what more could we ask for? (A safe season and it looks like it was!!)

Nice

1 hour ago, E J said:

KIMG0292.JPG

Very nice buck,congrats!

I got up this morning and the wind was howling with about a 13 degree wind chill so said screw it. Spent the morning stuffing some venison sausage casings ready to cook. The wind died down somewhat so I went out in the afternoon and sat in a little bowl to try to get out of the wind.

As I was climbing up the tree I look up and see a doe on the ridge about 60 yards away just watching me. I think to myself "now I am busted". I continued up to the height I was going to sit and she is still watching so I pulled the phone out & took a couple pictures. Got the climber stabilized, pulled up the bow, knocked and arrow, only to realize my release was still in my pack on the ground. I pulled the pack up got the release out and she was still there watching. I figured what the hell I have nothing to lose so I waved to her like "come on I will shoot you". She watched for a couple of minutes and gave me a look like "not today buddy" turned and just walked away.

I saw one other deer to far away and couldn't tell what it was. Sat til dark and nothing else.

Except for the weather I can't complain about this deer season since I saw deer just about every time I was out just not many shot opportunities Last year it was mostly bucks in the early season and nothing during gun season. This year by far more doe and hardly any bucks.

Well it is over for another year...sad to see it end but glad it is over. Probably after the holidays or possibly before I will get some cameras out to see what survived and start scouting for next year.

doeab.jpg

IMG_20181218_145158[1].jpg

IMG_20181218_145207[1].jpg

IMG_20181218_163022[1].jpg

Edited by Steve D
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

This thread is far from over. Jerkman, Crappy, and several others can hunt Westchester till 12/31. All the Long Island guys got till end of January. More bucks to be had still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suddenly not ready to hang it up and take a road trip to hunt and hang out with them 

• Like 5