My Dads Rifle

12 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

John. 

A heads up on that 7400. Dad's 7400 was a longer action since it was a 270 win but it kept clipping off chunks of the soft nosed bullets we were using and jamming every once in a while.  We went to polymer tipped and both problems disappeared. 

I think This one does that too. I noticed One of the tips was clipped off. It didn’t jam though. The magazine is feeding kinda funky, I was Going to take that apart and clean it and see what happens. It’s been sitting in a box since the early 2000s lol. 

I lost my father 7 years ago during deer season. He was 85 and climbed into his box blind the day before he went into the hospital. Its tough. It sucks. But it’s life. I have a couple dozen rifles but my boy uses my dads BAR 308 exclusively. He had the joy of sitting with my dad in his boxblind his last opening day. He has tagged4 wall hangers with that rifle since. 

God bless you and your family. That rifle WILL shoot straight!!

• Like 2

Very sorry to hear about your Dad’s passing.  My father was not a hunter, but we spent a lot of time in the woods cutting firewood.  I still enjoy using his old chain saw, axe and splitting maul.  They are treasured tools that remind me of all that hard work.