OK - OCD question

moog5050

3 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Am I the only person that wipes down their sink and stove after every use?   I realize I am a bit OCD about neatness but my kids think I am nuts.  Hate seeing grime, water spots and fingerprints.  

I dont wipe down the sink after each use but the counter, stove, etc get wiped down after each use, after dishes are done etc.  Drives my kids nuts too.  Lol

12 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Am I the only person that wipes down their sink and stove after every use?   I realize I am a bit OCD about neatness but my kids think I am nuts.  Hate seeing grime, water spots and fingerprints.  

Yea, your kids are right..;)

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Same here. I even used to wipe down the shower with an extra towel after each use. But my wife talked me out of it. Now the cleaning lady takes care of the spots on the glass once a month.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, boo711 said:

I dont wipe down the sink after each use but the counter, stove, etc get wiped down after each use, after dishes are done etc.  Drives my kids nuts too.  Lol

Countertops are another peeve of mine.   Thanks for reminding me.  Lol

40 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Wiping down once after every use? That's not OCD, that's being clean and taking care of what you worked hard for.  Kids take everything for granted.  OCD would be wiping it down multiple times over or repeatedly after a single use, after ever use.

If you return to your kids with, “The guys on the hunting forum think I’m normal!” you will not be gaining any traction with them.

Having said that, a clean stove and sink are perfectly normal! My uncle used to insist on being able to see the vacuum “trail” to prove a clean house. Once that was gone, he would vacuum again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I will not leave the kitchen with any dishes in the sink, I really don't know why, but everything gets rinsed and put in the dishwasher. I also wipe down the stove after every use. You are not alone.

I also cannot leave the house knowing that the bed isn't made. 

Edited by Splitear

4 minutes ago, left field said:

I've been known to slide a plate under my wife when she's eating an apple at the counter. Worst/best I ever made was installing a black glass cooktop. Needs to be wiped down a few times a day to look decent.

Norwex envirocloth and their glass cloth willmake your jaw drop with how good it looks using that. TV screens and windows too. (no chemicals)

• Like 1