The Jerkman

LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

When I left my stand this evening I had four legal bucks within rifle range..Three spikes and a forkie...

God  is punishing me for missing that big 8 point yesterday morning...<<sigh>>....

16 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

And what red blooded American boy  DOESN'T  ???

But I wasn't the one who asked. 

Zero deer seen, seven hours in the stand today in 8N.  Judging by the lack of shots opening weekend and reports from friends, the deer just haven’t been very active.  Whatever the reason, I hope it picks up in the upcoming days.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Moho81 said:

I was thinking

"A Buck Down" 

Didn't want to say BBD because I am rack shy with all you western NY guys!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pygmy said:

When I left my stand this evening I had four legal bucks within rifle range..Three spikes and a forkie...

God  is punishing me for missing that big 8 point yesterday morning...<<sigh>>....

Missing ain’t like you.   That 8 better not make that mistake twice.   

1 hour ago, TheHornHunter said:

Slow day in the woods in 8H. To make it even more painful, as soon as I got to my spot I received these cell cam pics from a property I hunted yesterday. Gotta see what the wind does tomorrow but will most likely try to make a move on him as he was trailing a doe and hopefully is still around

9768b7c4343d8b766e93dab6cac4a899.jpg

84d9633325d2228bafca259b111efe60.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same thing happened to me, i feel your pain. 

Edited by SpacemanSpiff

2 hours ago, biggamefish said:

45 yard shot went 30.  Super happy with him. His body looked huge when he was standing there but he only weighed 120 pounds. I had to check 2 different scales.

20201123_152817.jpg

Congratulations Matt! Way to go buddy. Beautiful buck.

• Thanks 1

Sat in a double stand and got a double at 3:45 pm today . 

2020 11-23 Ed's double2.JPG

• Like 38

97.3% of statistics are made up
To Err is Human - To Forgive Divine 

Neither of which is Marine Corps Policy !

First time hunter this season. Got a small doe on opening day, perfect shot through the heart at about 50-60 yards. One on top is mine, bottom is a buddies. Will definitely never shoot that small ever again but what an amazing weekend it was. Not much movement at camp though. Will be heading out again soon to hopefully tag out. 20201121_075602.thumb.jpg.ef466e4ae481044e8926bfa21130ab39.jpgIMG_2406.thumb.jpg.0154e0884e61e2aa426690c6649d9a0f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

• Like 27

2 hours ago, Uncle Nicky said:

Not live from the woods, but got this Allegany county 7 1/2 point on Sunday. Let him get to the top of the mountain before I shot, but he rolled down anyway. MAJOR PIA getting him out, I am getting too old for this....:rofl:

Buck.jpg

Congratulations!

• Thanks 1

Didn't want to say BBD because I am rack shy with all you western NY guys!!

That’s a big buck in my book! Next time shout it from the mountain tops!!!!!! BBD!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

Sat in a double stand and got a double at 3:45 pm today . 

2020 11-23 Ed's double2.JPG

Nice shooting! Congratulations Eddie!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, huntWNY92 said:

First time hunter this season. Got a small doe on opening day. One on top is mine, bottom is a buddies. Will definitely never shoot that small ever again but what an amazing weekend it was. Not much movement at camp though. Will be heading out again soon to hopefully tag out. 20201121_075602.jpgIMG_2406.jpg

Congratulations! Sounds like you had a great weekend!

• Like 1

First time hunter this season. Got a small doe on opening day. One on top is mine, bottom is a buddies. Will definitely never shoot that small ever again but what an amazing weekend it was. Not much movement at camp though. Will be heading out again soon to hopefully tag out. 20201121_075602.thumb.jpg.ef466e4ae481044e8926bfa21130ab39.jpgIMG_2406.thumb.jpg.0154e0884e61e2aa426690c6649d9a0f.jpg

Great shooting, great eating and you"ll never forget that day as long as you live!

Shoot what makes you happy, and never regret pulling the trigger.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

3 buddies, and a slow start to gun season. Wind bumps all day today. Thank you tompkins county doe management zone!!!

20201123_143629.jpg

• Like 17

For those that give a hoot about score. I had 2 people green score my buck. Numbers put into the Boone and Crockett online calculator.

Grossed 155 2/8

Netted 143 7/8

Will have him scored officially after the 60 day drying period.

So happy and thankful to have him. Just got home from my taxidermist. Ill get to see him again in 6-7months.

Screenshot_20201123-230043_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 17

Up havin coffee. GL to all those out there. Be safe and try to knock one down!

• Like 1

I fully support PETA!!

People Eating Tasty Animals

I'm up and moving, going to slow hunt into one of my hillside stands after daybreak.  I'm told there's a dusting and it's butt cold.  Good luck to everyone going out!

'08 Bowtech Commander

GoldTip Hunter Expedition's w/ Rage 2 Blades

Remington 700 .308

Mossberg 500 Pump

Rain is finally stopping here in 8F, at least it will be a nice quiet walk in. Colder weather today should have them up. Good luck to all going out. 

Good luck out there to all. Three doc visits via phone today starting at 7:15 so no hunt this morning. Depends how ticked off I am at those calls if I head out later in the day.

"Reaching out for the hand of God but did you think you'd shake your own!" - #8

Only have time for a short sit this morning then I'll be pulling dad duty and be living vicariously through the rest of you. Let's hope this colder weather gets them up and moving.

Not sure why the judgement over a simple statement. He/we’re grateful for the gift every time it happens, especially in these uncertain times. Neither my dad or I are rack hunters. We’re out there for the enjoyment and to provide for our family. He was upset that he misidentified the deer, not that he could have seen buttons at that distance, had nothing to do doe/buck.

I don’t think mowin was judging you at all, but more wondering why hunters in general feel bad about taking a Button versus a same size/age doe. If anything he was saying, “why feel bad (if you were since you presented some “apology” that it’s a button) about taking a button?
Shoot what you like (legally) and like what you shoot!

• Like 3

Short sit for me near home today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg