Out of business for bow

Doc

I guess for me, I am out of the game for a while. I am looking a lot like a mummy with gauze, tape and a jillion stitches and orders not to be pulling back my bow. Timing for this surgery really sucks. There was some stuff that the doctor didn't want to see developing on my skin so they all decided to skin me like a muskrat ... well that's a pretty big exaggeration....lol. Hopefully by gun season I'll be able to shoot and drag deer.

Well, that's the way it goes sometimes. I'm pretty lucky because after all these years, these are the first stiches I have ever had. So now, it's up to all you guys to control the deer herd this year without my help until gun season rolls around. So get out there and keep the DEC happy.

I'll still be here bugging everyone ..... lol. Probably even worse now. So brace yourselves for an evil-tempered frustrated old geezer.

• Like 8

Sorry to hear it Doc. Get well soon!

I'll find out on Tuesday if cataract surgery is my near future. Hopefully I can get in at least one week of gun season before the carving, but it's infinitely more important that I'm ready for work after the holidays.

On the plus side, I'm pretty sure all of my hunting buddies are going to stay away from my stand site on opening day. ;-]

I guess for me, I am out of the game for a while. I am looking a lot like a mummy with gauze, tape and a jillion stitches and orders not to be pulling back my bow. Timing for this surgery really sucks. There was some stuff that the doctor didn't want to see developing on my skin so they all decided to skin me like a muskrat ... well that's a pretty big exaggeration....lol. Hopefully by gun season I'll be able to shoot and drag deer.

Well, that's the way it goes sometimes. I'm pretty lucky because after all these years, these are the first stiches I have ever had. So now, it's up to all you guys to control the deer herd this year without my help until gun season rolls around. So get out there and keep the DEC happy.

I'll still be here bugging everyone ..... lol. Probably even worse now. So brace yourselves for an evil-tempered frustrated old geezer.

I gave you a "like" for this post but of course it's only because you have taken care of the Dr things and are on the mend.  We'll keep you in our thoughts.............

• Like 1

I am a great one for procrastinating on such things, but for once I got scared enough to disregard hunting schedules and such and do what I'm supposed to do. The timing was unfortunate, but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. Next year's another bow season. But then I run into one of those great days like yesterday, and I really miss it. I guess I'll be starting to scout for gun season pretty soon and get a jump on tuning that season up to the max.

• Like 1