Be safe cutting trees

Swamp_bucks

We got a phone call from my father in law 2hrs ago.  We lost my wifes brother to a widow maker this afternoon while he was cutting fire wood.  40yrs old and leaves behind a beautiful 9yr old daughter.   Please be careful out there doing tree work of any kind.  

Sorry needed to vent helped me breath a bit.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

Terrible tragedy, I’m so Sorry for your loss, I’ve ran chainsaws since I was 9 or 10 and the one thing the old man always pounded in my head was to be afraid of every cut and be afraid of the saw! He’s been gone nearly two year and every cut I make I think of him yelling in my ear to be careful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

We got a phone call from my father in law 2hrs ago.  We lost my wifes brother to a widow maker this afternoon while he was cutting fire wood.  40yrs old and leaves behind a beautiful 9yr old daughter.   Please be careful out there doing tree work of any kind.  

Sorry needed to vent helped me breath a bit.

Wow, so sorry. Terrible

Prayers sent for him and his family.   Thank you for sharing this here.  Reading this will probably cause many others to be more careful.  I know it will me, and I am a bit behind on my own firewood this year.   

Your concern for the girl is admirable and she is fortunate to have you around to give her some of the guidance she will be needing.