The Jerkman

LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Conditions are perfect here in my part of 8H. Temps in the low 30’s and a slight breeze from the SE. Here’s hoping the deer feel the same way. 

image.jpg

Hunting with my daughter today. I saw two bounding down the hill yesterday out range. Hopefully today brings some luck to one of us. Good luck to everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, 46rkl said:

Conditions are perfect here in my part of 8H. Temps in the low 30’s and a slight breeze from the SE. Here’s hoping the deer feel the same way. 

Not looking too bad here, on the North west corner of wmu 9f.  There is a chewed in half buck carcass on the left, turnip patch in middle, and standing corn to right.  If an antlerless deer or a coyote stop by for breakfast, they will be in trouble.

20201122_071305.jpg

Saw deer coming out from behind dad, told him. He’s got one down with the 25.06! Watched it happen!

Edited by Hock3y24
  • Like 10

Not looking too bad here, on the North west corner of wmu 9f.  There is a chewed in half buck carcass on the left, turnip patch in middle, and standing corn to right.  If an antlerless deer or a coyote stop by for breakfast, they will be in trouble.
20201122_071305.thumb.jpg.1f1832a72dd00b8600779e5dcee14385.jpg
Do you at least have some camo on ?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Out on Joes land , no rules here, if I can get three sandwiches and a pot of chili out of it , I’m shooting it !

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

Do you at least have some camo on ?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

No, but I clipped a back tag to my boxers.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

Decided I'd had enough sitting, so I took the rifle for a walk this afternoon.  Saw a donkey Doe, but it wasn't a great shot so I passed.  Walked about 6 miles I think, found some interesting sign.  Then chilled with my dad and his buddy with the poor aim by the fire for a while.  His buddy had a heart transplant, so he's thankful to be there, and who knows how many more years my dad will be doing this.  So, no deer but still a good day.imageproxy.php?img=&key=e19349f16091ac34imageproxy.php?img=&key=e19349f16091ac34imageproxy.php?img=&key=e19349f16091ac34

Ouch.  When I got up from the couch last night, got double leg cramps that took 10 minutes to go away.  In spite of the half gallon of Gatorade I drank during the day.  I know I did alot if walking but man that hurt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

'08 Bowtech Commander

GoldTip Hunter Expedition's w/ Rage 2 Blades

Remington 700 .308

Mossberg 500 Pump

Wife put her magazine in the gun this morning and the stupid flimsy plastic retention clip broke off. We have other guns but she wants to shoot hers. It’s a single shot for now. Ruger American 7mm08.

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Wife put her magazine in the gun this morning and the stupid flimsy plastic retention clip broke off. We have other guns but she wants to shoot hers. It’s a single shot for now. Ruger American 7mm08.

It is most often the first shot that counts anyhow.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

Just a misfire on a yote. Not the first time hornady has done that to me. Glad it wasn’t a deer. Wont be using the rest of that box to hunt with. 

image.jpg

Be sure to put that in a safe place. They are very unstable and could randomly go off.

• Like 1

6pt and handful of doe this am. He was on the move for sure. Not much activity in fields like yesterday. Forgot phone in truck and dropped something coming in. Walked back to recover both. Sitting in stand back into cover. Hopefully its grandpappy comes in. All together about a dozen buck sightings yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Upper Hudson River Valley QDMA

Very quiet morning so far. Not sure if anyone on the property has shot yet and only a few shots heard in the distance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk