LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Dad just shot a buck, he was worried he blew out both shoulders but it snowplowed outa sight, driving to spot I found him by road still alive and he finished him. He woulda been dead in minutes however. 
best part I convinced him to go sit in my stand on a close property to my house while we were cutting up my deer. 

62A17079-8DB0-426C-A435-A5CE9544DB08.jpeg

• Like 29

Dad just shot a buck, he was worried he blew out both shoulders but it snowplowed outa sight, driving to spot I found him by road still alive and he finished him. He woulda been dead in minutes however. 
best part I convinced him to go sit in my stand on a close property to my house while we were cutting up my deer. 
62A17079-8DB0-426C-A435-A5CE9544DB08.thumb.jpeg.efda55d181f1a4b51e64dd994045513e.jpeg
You and everyone around you are killing machines! If your not too busy, come sit with me in 4B! Lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Well just got back from @Swamp_bucks. What a trip! Evan is a great guy and his knowledge of deer hunting is phenomenal. He was very welcoming I visited his house a couple times. He found me a lake house that was great. We went out to eat a couple time. Let me tell you what his wife makes a great chili. He came through I seen deer and got my first archery shot opportunity but I shot in front of it. He gave me some great advice and even went to search cuz he was 60 yards behind me and heard a thwack. He offered me a good spot Friday night but wind wasn't right and had a white out. He also helped me setup my stand in a great spot. Opening day was like no other I seen 32 deer came through where I was at. I had a shot opportunity at a big 6 or 8. Shot he stood between 100-125 yards pulled the trigger click re racked click he was still there moved alittle repacked again click. So he got away. Got to drag out one hell of a buck Evan got. Long drag with help of a few friends. Let me tell you what he's got some great friends. After helping drag the buck to the truck. I went back on stand I'm glad I did mid day was awesome deer were moving like crazy. I couldn't find any horns. 23 deer come through. I sat till I could in my stand 330 then got down legs and hip killing me surprised I made it back to truck. Went back to the lake house had a few beers and debated launching the rifle in lake lol. Hunted today 515 to 930 no deer but a hunting party member shot a buck. The hunting, hospitality,food,friends and his family were fantastic. His friends offered me to hunt more midday but had to check out of house and take a ride to the taxidermist. Thanks Evan for the offer to comeback next year. Memories to last a lifetime.

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Well just got back from @Swamp_bucks. What a trip! Evan is a great guy and his knowledge of deer hunting is phenomenal. He was very welcoming I visited his house a couple times. He found me a lake house that was great. We went out to eat a couple time. Let me tell you what his wife makes a great chili. He came through I seen deer and got my first archery shot opportunity but I shot in front of it. He gave me some great advice and even went to search cuz he was 60 yards behind me and heard a thwack. He offered me a good spot Friday night but wind wasn't right and had a white out. He also helped me setup my stand in a great spot. Opening day was like no other I seen 32 deer came through where I was at. I had a shot opportunity at a big 6 or 8. Shot he stood between 100-125 yards pulled the trigger click re racked click he was still there moved alittle repacked again click. So he got away. Got to drag out one hell of a buck Evan got. Long drag with help of a few friends. Let me tell you what he's got some great friends. After helping drag the buck to the truck. I went back on stand I'm glad I did mid day was awesome deer were moving like crazy. I couldn't find any horns. 23 deer come through. I sat till I could in my stand 330 then got down legs and hip killing me surprised I made it back to truck. Went back to the lake house had a few beers and debated launching the rifle in lake lol. Hunted today 515 to 930 no deer but a hunting party member shot a buck. The hunting, hospitality,food,friends and his family were fantastic. His friends offered me to hunt more midday but had to check out of house and take a ride to the taxidermist. Thanks Evan for the offer to comeback next year. Memories to last a lifetime.

It was a pleasure. Hopefully next year we can make it happen again.  Had a blast hunting with you.  I'll pass the message along to my wife about the chili. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, corydd7 said:

Big body 8 point I grunted in at about 3:30. Sat behind a rock wall for about 45 minutes. Quick efficient hunt for once lol. Hopefully my buddy doubles up.

20211121_155549.jpg

Didn't want to mess my buddy up so I sat till dark. Saw 10ish more deer one mature buck, two smaller. Walking out I could smell the other bucks I had previously seen. 

Could have and should have plugged a doe but was worried about messing up my buddy. Feels weird only having a crossbow tag left. Today definitely made up for sitting yesterday out.

Congratulations to all who connected today! 

Screenshot_20211121-193837_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20211121-193813_WhatsApp.jpg

• Like 16

21 minutes ago, corydd7 said:

Didn't want to mess my buddy up so I sat till dark. Saw 10ish more deer one mature buck, two smaller. Walking out I could smell the other bucks I had previously seen. 

Could have and should have plugged a doe but was worried about messing up my buddy. Feels weird only having a crossbow tag left. Today definitely made up for sitting yesterday out.

Congratulations to all who connected today! 

Screenshot_20211121-193837_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20211121-193813_WhatsApp.jpg

Out of likes for the day but great buck nice job. Congratulations 

• Thanks 1

All day sit today. Saw one owl and the crows were on it like white on rice!!! Crazy loud. 
First shot was 620 this morning. On to tomorrow!

UGH! That sucks and sure makes for a long day! Know that you’re not alone though! I saw a coyote… that’s it. Well, other than the cool black squirrel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Hock3y24 said:

Incredible doe vs buck fat. The buck is bigger still just a weird angle.

E48ACD4E-6F2B-43A7-ABFC-7EC8AE572FA6.jpeg

Crazy isn't it?  One I took in October, inch and a half of fat all the way around him like a snow suit.  This last one, looked almost exactly the same as the one hanging in your picture.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 518BowSlayer said:

You and everyone around you are killing machines! If your not too busy, come sit with me in 4B! Lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I can’t explain this year, been one for the record books for us. Thankful to be able to help some local families out with some meat. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Great story!