sodfather

Just some guys I met on the internet

Ok the tittle may not sound right but I feel like I need to express what kind of people are behind some of these keyboards . Over the years we have had our get togethers and our heated debates over different subjects. The past couple years me and a couple of the local guys have shot archery together at the academy and 3D courses. We have hunted together and have drank many beers together. 
My mother passed away on Sunday and my week has been a mess to say the least. My internet friends reached out to me right away. Sending their condolences and food and gift cards. It was greatly appreciated from me and my family. It didn’t stop there. The wake was last night and the last hour of a long night in cams walking in @Lawdwaz @TreeGuy @turkeyfeathers @Jeremy K @The_Real_TCIIIand @Arcade Hunter Oh and I cannot for get Larry’s wonderful wife Cathy. It was just what I needed these guys walked in and lifted the room right up with stories and laughter.These guys have never met my parents ever and didn’t even phase them to take time away from their families to come out.  @Biz-R-OWorld couldn’t make the trip but the guys represented him very well. Our group text with the guys gets me through these tough days with great stories and constantly joking. This forum may have screwed me out of a T-shirt but it gave me some great friends. Thank you all...

• Like 34

Ok the tittle may not sound right but I feel like I need to express what kind of people are behind some of these keyboards . Over the years we have had our get togethers and our heated debates over different subjects. The past couple years me and a couple of the local guys have shot archery together at the academy and 3D courses. We have hunted together and have drank many beers together. 
My mother passed away on Sunday and my week has been a mess to say the least. My internet friends reached out to me right away. Sending their condolences and food and gift cards. It was greatly appreciated from me and my family. It didn’t stop there. The wake was last night and the last hour of a long night in cams walking in [mention=271]Lawdwaz[/mention] [mention=1547]TreeGuy[/mention] [mention=4567]turkeyfeathers[/mention] [mention=2694]Jeremy K[/mention] [mention=5278]The_Real_TCIII[/mention]and [mention=7926]Arcade Hunter[/mention] Oh and I cannot for get Larry’s wonderful wife Cathy. It was just what I needed these guys walked in and lifted the room right up with stories and laughter.These guys have never met my parents ever and didn’t even phase them to take time away from their families to come out.  [mention=871]Biz-R-OWorld[/mention] couldn’t make the trip but the guys represented him very well. Our group text with the guys gets me through these tough days with great stories and constantly joking. This forum may have screwed me out of a T-shirt but it gave me some great friends. Thank you all...

So sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. In a weird way this place has become a family for many of us and for sure we are all with you right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Sodfather, my condolences for the loss of your Mother. It is a great thing that people form the “internet” can pull you through the toughest of times! 

• Like 1

I extend my most sincere condolences for the loss of your Mom...

I have been hanging around  these forums for a number of years now, and despite having a large circle of local friends, I consider my internet friends, including some you have mentioned, among my very best friends

• Like 4

My heartfelt condolences, thoughts, and prayers to you and your family. 

I have made some lifelong friends from this forum. And everyone you mentioned, that came to the wake is a great guy. I've met some of em. Including Cathy, who is a sweetheart! They just don't come any better, than most of the people here.

• Like 2

Sorry for your loss, I’ve only met Larry who’s great and the others see like stand up guys as well!!

• Like 1

Switching gears to habitat improvements!

Ah shit I'm so sorry for your loss@sodfather let us know if you need anything. We are here for you! You guys are like family!

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 1

Sorry for your loss sodfather. Tough times for sure...

• Like 1

"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." - Wease

Damn sodfather,loosing ones mom is tough. Sorry for your loss. Mine passed several years ago and it was harder than i thought. I am glad you had some internet friends show up for you.

• Like 1

So sorry to hear about you mom.  I offer my deepest condolences to you and your family.  Let us know if there's anything we can do to help.

• Like 1

NRA Lifetime member.

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." - Native American Indian Proverb

"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am" - Toby & Eileen Green

So sorry to hear of the passing of your mother Sod. May your fond memories of her carry you through these difficult times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My condolences Sod. Very sad to hear about the loss of of your Mom . She is in Gods hands now shining down the light on the family .

That's a stand up bunch of guys...and I am sure they didn't think twice about showing up for their friend in a time of need!
Sod may your memories of Mom be found and often....she is now at rest and in peace for eternity.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk