LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

26 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Trail cams were dead once again last night. Just a little 4 or 6pt. This is getting old. Keep thinking "One of these days"...

Mine too, but it's my first year using cams. I'm still waiting for the onset of a flurry of activity that persists for days (weeks?) indicating heavy rut. Does that actually happen?

1 minute ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Mine too, but it's my first year using cams. I'm still waiting for the onset of a flurry of activity that persists for days (weeks?) indicating heavy rut. Does that actually happen?

Increased activity, but more importantly daytime activity, when it counts.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, crappyice said:

LFG! Ain’t got work so may as well go “meat shopping”
Are we LOVING this moon phase? Asking for a friend!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep now I’ve not seen deer during all phases .

• Haha 1

Squirrels are already starting to tease me. Had 3 doe walk by here yesterday at 10am while I was at work. No bucks following them. Like I've said before, I feel like we're always a week or 2 behind most of you guys with rut activity. Any daytime movement is very encouraging though. Somebody on here ought to spill some blood today

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Up early today with my girls who apparently didn't get the message that they can sleep in on DST. Wife is leaving for a work trip to San Antonio this morning and won't be back until late Wednesday night, so I'm out for the next four days. Hopefully I can white knuckle into Wednesday with both kids and all the pets still alive. Good luck to everyone going out this morning. Looks like a perfect morning to be in the woods.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Beautiful morning! Finally starting to see some good rutting action yesterday and ready for some more today hopefully. Cams are relatively quiet, but not too surprised about that as most are on scrapes and they aren’t being hit as much now. The bucks I’m seeing are all still on their regular home ranges so don’t think much breeding has happened yet. My best guess we’ll see majority of bucks get locked down over the next few days and then a flurry of activity in a week or so when they’ve gotta start looking harder for the next doe. Peak trail cam activity for me always seems to be around 11/11 to 11/14

• Like 1

32 degrees been in since before 6. Had one walk by through shooting lane right at legal but too dim for me to tell what it was or shoot. Then a smaller one went through 5 minutes later so I’m guessing the small doe and fawn. Squirrels are going crazy shaking hickory nuts out the trees.

• Like 1